slow or fast shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammiepie

Apr 7, 2008
Question [1]
Hi i would like to ask for taking pictures like the below
1) waterfall (hills , water flow..)
2) sports (cycling , rollar blading...etc)
3) model (ITshow or pcfair systax...etc)
4) cars (car driving pass, car's design )

which should i use slow shutter and which to use fast shutter?

Question [2]
Indoor shots issiz true that Fstop normally use only 5.6? for those model shots the Fstop is normal how much for indoor and outdoor?

slow shutter for outdoor comfirm need a tripod?

sorry ask a lot of question so i rather ask all at a time =D expert/normal/beginner please help me :)

Regarding your Q1,

1) it all depends on what kind of effect you want to achieve. If you want to achieve those kind of dreamy effect, use slow shutter speed. if you want to freeze those water droplets, use high shutter speed.

2) Again it depends on what do you want to achieve. If you want do panning, go ahead and use slow shutter. If you want to catch them in mid air, then you will have to use fast shutter.

3) Should use fast shutter.

4) Panning - slow. Design - fast.

Regarding Q2,

For portrait shots, usually people use bigger aperture(small f value like 1.8). And ya, use a tripod for slow shutter speed.(eg night scenes)

if there was a set shutter speee/aperture/iso/focal length to everything photography wouldnt be very fun!
experiment. it can get you a long way
now we have DSLR and we can instantly check whats wrong with the picture/whats good
soo can quickly change settings
;)g

if there was a set shutter speee/aperture/iso/focal length to everything photography wouldnt be very fun!
experiment. it can get you a long way
now we have DSLR and we can instantly check whats wrong with the picture/whats good
soo can quickly change settings
;)g

U are right. technology helps us....

For ocassion like opening ceremony, wedding what would you recommend.

1. Type of lens used
2. Flash .. direct or with diffuser
3. setting for the camera..e.g. ISO etc

Thanks

Don's ask in such details, just read up a general photographic guide book and get to know the basics techniques, and go to try it out. The more u shoot, the more u will know what settings to use. :)

There's no universal formula! :D

yup..agreed.. Get the basic techniques right first. Once you get to understand your camera better, you'll understand what kind of settings you need for the perfect pictures you want to take.

To be honest, there are alot of anwers to the list of questions you asked. =)

Ehhh....can try using auto and half press. See what setting they provide..use that as a lead and and manual adjust ya settings. Try and error....thats how i started off playing with the settings. hehe..a noob way :)

like it goes? " Practices makes perfect, but no one is perfect " =D some say a BBB virus why not
have a skill of TTT ( TRY TO TAKE ) ;)

once again thanks! =D

ok 1 more question bigger value F stop like F/36 are use to shoot wat?

ok 1 more question bigger value F stop like F/36 are use to shoot wat?

One can achieve more dof with smaller apertures but at f/36 ( usually the micro / macro lenses will let u stop down that much ) the picture will be diffraction limited and can turn out to be abit soft and probably not practical or commonly used.

Large format shooters commonly stop down their apertures to really small apertures as well to comparatively gain sufficient dof with the large sensor / film.

Ryan

Questions , When doing out door shoot , normally ppl use how small amout of Apeture? issiz fstop 5.6 for 400d kit 1? ( shooting of moutains or forest ) thx

There are tons of information on the internet on shutter speed & apertures, I suggest that you do a search on Google or CS to find out more rather than asking what aperture and shutther to use.

To answer your question, shooting mountains or forest all aperture can be used depending on what dof you want.

One more suggestion, shoot and experiement with all combinations of shutter speed and apertures, review the pictures try to understand why some pictures were under/overexpose, blur(due to slow shutter speed), subject out of focus(due to focus point not selected properly etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.