slow inernet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweeper

Mar 25, 2005
Anyone having problem with their uploading speed ?

I am using singnet (the small caps is intended! ) ,
the connection speed has been getting from bad to worse even during off-peak hrs,

I am using the 1500 kbps broadband which they recently "upgrade for free" to 3000 kbs ,
so theoretically i shld have over 500kps of upload speed ...

guess what, tested the upload speed was only 30 kpbs - 100kps ...
what crap is this ... :thumbsd:

furthermore, the connection keeps dropping , i can't even upload a decent size file

:angry: :angry: :angry:

This is the site i used to test , use the singapore server ...
http://www.speedtest.net/index.php

Using a 5mps Singnet connection... Not as bad as yours.... perhaps its noisy on your line??

Here are my results:

My plan was also recently upgraded to 3000 kbps from 1500 kbps.

you guys made me wanna cry ...
i am guessing the problem lies with older estate, having older phone lines and stupid singtel is not doing anything abt it ...

Interesting speed test...my 10Mps plan from Singtel:

Quite decent I guess.:)

That's mine. I'm supposed to be on a 10mpbs plan, but am on a wireless home network now.

If I am not wrong, most broadband plans upload speed is only 384 kbps. That is why it called ADSL.

you guys made me wanna cry ...
i am guessing the problem lies with older estate, having older phone lines and stupid singtel is not doing anything abt it ...

Check the lines within your home first. It is usually the lines within the home that has problems. Sometimes lousy splitters and sockets create noise that drastically reduces the speed.

BC

145649704.png
^_^ Cisco.

mine just died yesterday and singnet says earliest can fix is 3rd July........

A stark contrast to my telephone line which had problem, technician came the next day.

Starhub Maxonline Ultimate for comparison.

The funny thing is I still get lag during hosting of games on battle.net....no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.