Slingshot 200 AW

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatjp said:
The bag looks spacious. Is it troublesome to turn it to the front and get ur staff ? Will the bag lost is CG when the camera is unloaded when you sling at the back ?
Quite easy to swing it to the front to access my stuff.
Loss of CG... no lah, much better on my shoulders after taking out the camera :bsmilie:

Its heavy when i stuff in so many things especially my 70-200. I still feel ok walking around a few hours with everything loaded in... but if whole day :what:
Well to ease load on shoulder I just take out the camera & hang over my head lor.

donchua said:
What the length of your 70-200 f2.8??
about 19.5cm

aspire said:
Buy Buy Buy!!!

Wah, I didn't know so many people interested in this bag. Maybe someone can do a MO for this bag. LOL. I am really eager to get myself one of this, but now exam period so camping in for books until late Nov!

From what I can see from the picture, the length of that lens should be around 20cm.
So lucky to buy this bag finally. Have been calling shops up frequently to check if stocks have arrived.
Then one Saturday morning after shooting, just pop into CP... there it is waiting for me :lovegrin: The shop assistant still told me, the stock came in a few hours ago only.

gryphon said:
Quite easy to swing it to the front to access my stuff.
Loss of CG... no lah, much better on my shoulders after taking out the camera :bsmilie:

Its heavy when i stuff in so many things especially my 70-200. I still feel ok walking around a few hours with everything loaded in... but if whole day :what:
Well to ease load on shoulder I just take out the camera & hang over my head lor.

about 19.5cm

My Sigma 70-200mm with front/reat cap & filter is 21.5cm.
Still got a SB-800, 2 lens + 1 50mm(optional) and some other stuff.
Don't know can go in all..:sweat:

donchua said:
My Sigma 70-200mm with front/reat cap & filter is 21.5cm.
Still got a SB-800, 2 lens + 1 50mm(optional) and some other stuff.
Don't know can go in all..:sweat:

Sigma 70-200mm with front/reat cap & filter + SB-800 + 2 lens + 50mm + some small stuff sure can go in... cos there is no body. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

When I buy I let you test la in December.

aspire said:
Sigma 70-200mm with front/reat cap & filter + SB-800 + 2 lens + 50mm + some small stuff sure can go in... cos there is no body. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

When I buy I let you test la in December.

I can go CP to try if they got stock.
No need to trouble you.;)
But if getting it, I must sell either 1 or 2 of my bag liao..:sweat:

donchua said:
I can go CP to try if they got stock.
No need to trouble you.;)
But if getting it, I must sell either 1 or 2 of my bag liao..:sweat:

All right. Their stock coming mid dec.
What bags are you going to sell?

aspire said:
All right. Their stock coming mid dec.
What bags are you going to sell?

Hmm, don't know yet.
Got to see if I get the Slingshot, which of my present bag can be replaced by it.

Don,
Slingshot is not wide enough, I feel it is good as a replacement for the TLZ type bags. I still keep my MicroTrekker 200AW if I want to carry more than one lens and still keep a Tenba DB15C bag for travelling O/S when I need to bring along my notebook along.

Slingshot nice design though. I like it alot, in fact I used it most often now, but that means I carry very little with me, probably camera with one lens and flash if I needed but most of the time, just camera and one lens only.

../azul123

Oops... mine is the Slingshot 100AW.

are the straps of the slingshot long enough to be slung across the chest? rather than on one shoulder?

How do you mean?

The way it was design, is that so it could slide from the backpack position to the bag placed in horizontal position with the opening right in front of the chest and the good thing is the bag can also be your elbow support for when shooting handheld.

I believe the Lowepro website should show these advantages, I think it's their selling point.

../azul123

just got the slingshot 200AW from AP...lucky me coz whole singapore no stock at the moment. Had called CP and MScolor today, all running out.

donkuok said:
just got the slingshot 200AW from AP...lucky me coz whole singapore no stock at the moment. Had called CP and MScolor today, all running out.

So how much you paid?

donchua said:
So how much you paid?
they charged me 85 bucks la...a bit more exp than CP but no choice la....other shops no stock till dec/jan

hey i got the bag from CP a few weeks ago, I even have to wait almost a month for it..but I did left my number for them to contact me which they did.

The bag feels awkward when slinged...perhaps I wasn't too used to such bags... But its pretty big, provided you not really some pro or what...

Its quite easy to shift to the front and it seems to be a great idea over how the camera could be accessed.

oh by the way I got it for 85 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.