Sling 2 Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

I'm going overseas soon and I thought of bringing a DSLR as well as a film SLR.

Now, can anyone guide me how to go about slinging 2 cameras and still can shoot with both easily? :bsmilie:

Sounds ridiculous to be asking such a question, but it's true! How to shoot with 2 cameras simultaneously? ;p

Thanks.

blackrapid

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/double-strap/

doublestrap-02.jpg

doublestrap-04.jpg

doublestrap-05.jpg

Sounds ridiculous to be asking such a question, but it's true! How to shoot with 2 cameras simultaneously? ;p

Wow. Firing both cameras at the same time is a feat in itself. I wouldn't know how to trip the shutter with my left hand when my right is occupied. :bsmilie:

But seriously, I'd either sling each camera on either side or have one camera at the ready while the other stays accessible in a top-loading sling bag.

The blackrapid strap does look practical though.

Wow. Firing both cameras at the same time is a feat in itself. I wouldn't know how to trip the shutter with my left hand when my right is occupied. :bsmilie:

But seriously, I'd either sling each camera on either side or have one camera at the ready while the other stays accessible in a top-loading sling bag.

The blackrapid strap does look practical though.

Nono! Not firing together. LOL.

But have boths camera ready to fire at anytime. :)

I think the blackrapid strap is not an option for me now. I'm going today! Haha. And I don't think I want to have that, as I will have a bag with me too.

IMGP0296_resize.jpg

^^ That's how I roll.

But having too many straps on you can be hindering, especially if you want to access your backpack. Not sure about your safety either since you're practically showing off your equipment.

IMGP0296_resize.jpg

^^ That's how I roll.

But having too many straps on you can be hindering, especially if you want to access your backpack. Not sure about your safety either since you're practically showing off your equipment.

Thanks.

So it's one around neck and one on shoulder? Wouldn't the one on the shoulder drop if you switch to the one on the neck? Haha! :bsmilie:

Thanks.

So it's one around neck and one on shoulder? Wouldn't the one on the shoulder drop if you switch to the one on the neck? Haha! :bsmilie:

Actually, it's both cameras on one shoulder. But when moving, I switch back to one camera on each shoulder. I weigh down the cameras by holding both straps in one hand to prevent it from sliding off my shoulders. Still not used to shooting from the left shoulder. :sweat:

BlackRapid is your answer. The double strap.

what i do is get my girlfriend to carry the other cam since its lighter. but downside is, she wastes the film lol.

what i do is get my girlfriend to carry the other cam since its lighter. but downside is, she wastes the film lol.

^Brave man. I am going to attempt this when I go to Japan later this year. The downside is that she is not interested in my camera and might complain. I much rather she go ahead and use up the film. :sweat:

Another consideration is that I might be getting her to bring her lomo fisheye + instax, so she might have 2 cameras to juggle herself. That doesn't include her digital compact...Tricky situation...

Regarding the OP's question, shoulder slinging works for the 2nd camera. What I usually do is to leave the film camera in the bag so as not to waste film on snapshots and only take it out when I get to an interesting location. One of the bad things about this is that IMO film snapshots just look nicer than digital snapshots.

Last edited:
U don't have to get all those fancy slings in order to carry 2 cameras. The conventional method is easy enough.

Slings is easy-- one short, one long.

Sling is not as important as shoulder strength.

Now, can anyone guide me how to go about slinging 2 cameras and still can shoot with both easily? :bsmilie:

i sling 3 before.. just sling lor.. don't need all the cool party trick harnesses actually.

what cotton carrier, what blackrapid.. last time also got many cameras, no one need all these..

just make sure you don't tangle any of them up :bsmilie:

N.gif
Haha that last picture is amazing... that strap looks the way to go

just sling one camera on your left shoulder and one on your right..

OT: ever wondered how this guy carries his cameras around?
YqsKhQBD67n3xukz4dEeuYas_400.jpg

Wah Lao I can't even get out of the house in that!

It's not as though your camera weighs over 5kgs each that it's too hard for your shoulders to take.

Sometimes people think that just because they have carried M16 rifles in a sling in army days, two cameras should not be an issue....

Well, the majority of those people are gonna be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.