Slim camera needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

isomers007

Jan 17, 2002
leepublic of singapore
pixelatedtheory.com
Hi,

I need a slim camera for everyday shooting (indoors + outdoor). I have gone thru various reviews and the f10 seems to be the best bet so far. But i read that that it has a narrow Dynamic Range which means the day photos are not going to be that good. and furthermore it uses xd card which im not too keen of. i would prefer something with sd card as storage so sony cameras are definitely out.

so after browsing thru the forums, i came up with this list..

- casio exilim s500
- panasonic fx8/9
- ixus 700
- km x1

which one should i choose?

I think Panasonic FX8/9 is the best.
Large LCD screen, long battery life, Leica lens, Panasonic quality, Made-in-Japan sticker...

depending also your budget... $540 gets you Casio Exilim EX-Z500. Cheaper than Panasonic FX8 or FX9

Astin said:
I think Panasonic FX8/9 is the best.
Large LCD screen, long battery life, Leica lens, Panasonic quality, Made-in-Japan sticker...

ya ... if u dun mind the noise :)

the noise is pretty high for all camera above

For these models listed above, it appears that you may not be pleased with the indoor shots with flash as they are rather limited in their coverage (unless you are using slave flash). If you have to choose one of the above, I agree with Astin, the Pana FX 8/9 is the one to go for. It is definitely better than the FX-7 has high battery consumption.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.