Slim camera, any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
Feel like having a slim and small digicam to carry everyday. My Phone camera sucked! Is there any slim digital cams thats small and compact and slim and use AA or AAA batteries?

Image quality can compromise a bit, as its for record purposes, but must have flash. Purely PnS, auto and focus free ones.

Any recommendations?

That one is toy, this one is for shooting real pix lah...like go holiday etc...

maybe pick up one of those 3.2mp sub $200 p&s on B&S ..

Max 2.8 said:
Feel like having a slim and small digicam to carry everyday. My Phone camera sucked! Is there any slim digital cams thats small and compact and slim and use AA or AAA batteries?

Image quality can compromise a bit, as its for record purposes, but must have flash. Purely PnS, auto and focus free ones.

Any recommendations?

Check out the latest from Fuji, it's slim and good colour. Manages mixed lighting and low light very well compared to canon Ixus 700.

i am surprised that the casio exslim is pretty good..the latest one not so sure which model but i tested it out and recomended to my cousin
fast-no lack when press the button
long batt life
big screen 2.7 or 2.5 inch
but does not use AAA or AA batt
i tt those which use AA or AAA run out batt fast???

Max 2.8 said:

Any recommendations?

What about Nikon S1? On offer at the show. Selling at S$345/-

i am using casio exifilm s500 .
very slim as compare to the sony t7
long bat life close to 300-350 shots.
then got mpeg4 video recording.
but one thing is data transfer is troublesome as it only has docking charger/usb transfer.
means u have to bring the whole dock around if u are travelling ...

i am looking at Fujifilm V10, Z2 and also Olympus 720SW

Z2 is cheapest with ISO1600, V10 got huge screen and yet slim, but slightly more expensive

720SW is most expensive among the 3, but it is shock proof (1.5m drop) and water proof (3m underwater), and 2MP more than Fuji

It's all up to the individual on which cam will best suit yr needs. Best is to try out all hands on.

Max 2.8 said:

Any recommendations?

then how bout SE's K800i?? http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=sg&lc=en&template=pp1_loader&php=php1_10407&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10407
small, have flash, auto-focus, with you all day..

I will recommend Panasonic FX 9

bluecoral81 said:
i am using casio exifilm s500 .
very slim as compare to the sony t7
long bat life close to 300-350 shots.
then got mpeg4 video recording.
but one thing is data transfer is troublesome as it only has docking charger/usb transfer.
means u have to bring the whole dock around if u are travelling ...

yes good cam.

u can use a card reader.its smaller .and does not need to waste ur camera batt when downloadin photos in to ur computer

i've been using an Ixus 30. small and compact and could shoot almost 3fps and vga 30fps video till the card fills.

Status
Not open for further replies.