Slik tripod U6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Bot this tripod today from CP. Did not buy U8000 cos it was 1.5kg. Think it's too heavy. U6600 is only 1.1kg. Paid $50 for it. Is it worth?:dunno:

Does it come with free gift? I bought it for $58 with a lot of free gift last year. :rbounce:

I bought it for my DVideo Cam 1st so find the lateral movement dis-apponting as I start to turn the lateral movement (i.e. turn left and right), there is a slight jerk B4 it move smoothly.Af ter using it for a while I realised it doesn't affect me so much as I don't really turn the DVC left and right all the time. Try using it for my DC 1st time only and find it quite OK. The main selling point to me is the light weight. How about yourself? How do you find it? :bwhat:

Originally posted by Kevin
I bought it for my DVideo Cam 1st so find the lateral movement dis-apponting as I start to turn the lateral movement (i.e. turn left and right), there is a slight jerk B4 it move smoothly.Af ter using it for a while I realised it doesn't affect me so much as I don't really turn the DVC left and right all the time. Try using it for my DC 1st time only and find it quite OK. The main selling point to me is the light weight. How about yourself? How do you find it? :bwhat:

Me too, like the weight. Not too heavy nor light and it's very solid. No regret buying it.
Actually I was supposed to buy the Oly tripod and bag from someone who has spare. Last min. he backs out. His brother wants it. The deal was $70 for both.
Think I am lucky. Cos I went to AP and bot the bag at $30.
So total it's $80 for the Slik tripod and Oly bag. The slik tripod is so much better than Oly's.

Yes, I think you are lucky. Normally people don't back out at the last minute. Unless you two fail to meet up a few times. Anyway the Oly tripod and bag is over-priced at $70. Did you buy the exact Oly bag from AP? I find the Oly bag too big for my C2040. But for C2100, may be just nice. ;)

Yes, I think you are lucky. Normally people don't back out at the last minute. Unless you two fail to meet up a few times. Anyway the Oly tripod and bag is over-priced at $70. Did you buy the exact Oly bag from AP? I find the Oly bag too big for my C2040. But for C2100, may be just nice. ;)

It's the original bag. My C2100UZ fits nicely.

Heard from Kevin that SLIK having promotion again.

Thinking of getting the U6600.

Anyone knows about the promotion and what are the free gifts?

yesterday went to pop in AP, u6600 is out-of-stock..but they quote $58 for the U8000..no free gifts..

U8000 heavy?? :eek:

Man, you guys are spoiled!

Originally posted by volk
Heard from Kevin that SLIK having promotion again.

Thinking of getting the U6600.

Anyone knows about the promotion and what are the free gifts?

yesterday went to pop in AP, u6600 is out-of-stock..but they quote $58 for the U8000..no free gifts..
Someone in this forum bought SLIK U6600 for $45 from CP. If the promotion still on, the U8000 is $60 with free gift.

Originally posted by YSLee
U8000 heavy?? :eek:

Man, you guys are spoiled!
Ai yah, if I carry that Lowepro bag of yours everyday then U8000 is peanut to me lah. We are not comando trained like you leh.:bsmilie:

Someone in this forum bought SLIK U6600 for $45 from CP. If the promotion still on, the U8000 is $60 with free gift.

Maybe thats me. I bought u6600 fr marina cp for 45 and they gave me a free tripod bag (nice bag), dunnoe its free gift or part of package. That was in early feb.

Originally posted by LifeWorld
Bot this tripod today from CP. Did not buy U8000 cos it was 1.5kg. Think it's too heavy. U6600 is only 1.1kg. Paid $50 for it. Is it worth?:dunno:
Do you think it will be able to "hold it still" when a sudden strong wind blows? Got a scare with my tripod once... luckily I wasn't too far to grab it.

:Later,

i using pro340dx here. was convinced by the guy at CP that it is more sturdy. also abt 1.5kg

Originally posted by hedger
i using pro340dx here. was convinced by the guy at CP that it is more sturdy. also abt 1.5kg
How much is it?

Thinking of getting a tripod on payday. :)

:Later,

Originally posted by hedger
Hi hedger, you use it for your Sony DVC or DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.