Slik Tripod Offer At CP ANy Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Hi Guys,
Wonderin if the Slik tripod goin at S$95 at CP any good???
Any comments? Thinking of getting it.
???
:dunno:

Get the Manfrotto 190D :) You will need it....hopefully soon ;)

Originally posted by Newbie123
Get the Manfrotto 190D :) You will need it....hopefully soon ;)

Hahaha! I know what you are implying!
;)

Originally posted by mpenza
what are the free gifts?

Uhh.... left papers at the office so I do not remember...

:D

Zplus : u mean the Slik Sprint Pro tripod ar? If I'm not mistaken its always been on offer at around that price. I've seen it b4...very compact and light enuff to bring around. Should be alright for your G3...however not sure if its still stable enuff to support G3 + 420EX.

However like Newbie123 had suggested, its better to upgrade to a sturdier tripod w/ ballhead in case u (suddenly) decide to upgrade. :D Sure, it will be dearer but by not that much....u can still get a good tripod + ballhead combo at below $200.

Hheh...so when u coming over to our side ar? (ducks rotten tomatoes thrown at him by Zplus) :bsmilie:

one comment about the slik Pro Gm..

It's not very well made... esp the spikes at the bottom of the tripod... my broke 4 days into my Japan trip... apparently, the spikes are concrete inside, with a thin metallic covering outside...

get the monfrotto 190 .. it's more sturdy and better made :)

Think CP is charging a little high and throwing in some freebies that are of little value. I got mine from MS at $78 and managed to throw in a Quick Release Plate from Manfrotto all under $105.

I attach my monsterous 7Hi + external battery pack + external flash to it.

So far, no problems with it ... faithfully serving me down the tracks in San Francisco, Manchester and Singapore. Bringing it to Istanbul next week for a real roughing out though.

Ah... i see.... so its actually a little overpriced despite the "offer" in that case I shall give it a miss... trouble is MS is not very accessable...

Melly >> Hey! Thanks for the pointers. How are you shotting these dayzz??

Garion >> *throws rotten cabbage as well* Sigh no money to get a dslr leh... you all all switch already, I am the only one left....
:confused:

hehee I'm fine... got these mountains of debts to repay after splurging on my trip and my cam + lens :D

anyway, go get the Monfrotto or even the Gitzo... when you upgrade to the 10D or something, you'll need it, esp when you mount your 70-200 2.8L on it.. hehehe

Originally posted by Zplus

Garion >> *throws rotten cabbage as well* Sigh no money to get a dslr leh... you all all switch already, I am the only one left....
:confused:
*Ducks rotten cabbages* ;p

Well u can always get a 2nd hand one mar...lol...not necessarily must buy the "latest and greatest". Buy Buy Buy!!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.