slides viewing at home low$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hieee....

Just to share this experiment at home... a way to share slides with your family and friends for fun (for thise who aren't that critical of "projector" quality pics.....)

Equipment needed -
1- Digital camera (assuming that all film user have one simple 2mpix digicam + TV output)
2- Mini slides viewer (like the diascop mini 3 $20)
3- Mounted slides

Procedure,
1- Connect the cmaera to charger supply (do not use battery)
2- Set camera to normal shooting mode and connect TV cable to TV & put the TV to video in channel
3- It would be great if the camera can be set to incandescant light white balance.
4 - Put slide on the slides viewer
5- Then aim the camera as if you are taking photo of the displayed slides on the slide viewer.
6- Stack books or albums to put the camera to the righ hight - adjust accordingly.
7- If you wan to JIG up the setting, make a mounting using a old shoe box ........
8- try it out and see the results (don't expect....a high qiality image on your TV)........remember to pre focu seach time you change a slide.....heheheheehheeh!!!!!!!

Have fun trying.....

regards,
me

heh why not just scan ur slides this way? can then touch up colours too LOL

Originally posted by sulhan
Hi Den....

Hehehehehe.....you will get poor image quality........i normally scan with my slide scanner..... :eek:)

regards,
Sulhan

Well, that actually depends on the quality of the digital camera, what f-stop you use, the quality of the light source and the slide itself. Too high contrast slides doesn't work too well.

Here's a sample done with a Coolpix 990 + ES-E28 Slide Copying Adaptor. Coolpix cameras usually perform better because of their excellent macro capabilities.

aad.jpg

But hey, you can get used projectors for like $80 in places at Cash Convertors. And you can load 50-80 slides into a magazine and change them via remote control.... sure beats the TV output. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.