Slides ....... some queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Sorry guys,

Some basic questions on slides. Never used slides before.

1) Must slides be processed to view them ?

2) how much does it cost to process slide...

3) How much are non-professional slide film

4) How much is the loupe and the light box for viewing slides?

5) How much issit to print slide photos.

Many thanks.

1) Must slides be processed to view them ?
Yes. Definitely. Without a Doubt. :)

2) how much does it cost to process slide...
$4 to 6 unmounted. $3-4 additional to mount them (so you get those plastic "frames" instead of 6-7 strips of 6 frames ala negatives)

3) How much are non-professional slide film

$6 for Kodak Elitechrome 100EC.

4) How much is the loupe and the light box for viewing slides?

$190 for a Cabin CL5000P 4x5" Light Panel + Rodenstock 4x Aspheric Loupe.

5) How much issit to print slide photos.

Typically $1 for 4R. Expensive.

Regards
CK

Gunjack

Jul 6, 2002
Zimbabwe
Visit site
Got a question too... If I process slides without mounting, how can I do it myself? How much will it cost to mount it myself?

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by Gunjack
Got a question too... If I process slides without mounting, how can I do it myself? How much will it cost to mount it myself?
You can by those kit that can do your own mounting. I haven't done it before but read it somewhere. The cost is abt the same as those done by the shop. Maybe cheaper per slide. However, the kit needs $$ too. Unless you do a lot of slide, you won't save much.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
[To marc wang,

Since you have not done slide before. You should be aware that slide has less tolerance for wrong exposure.

Anything above/below 1 stop of exposure will be seen clearly on the slide. As compare to print film.

But not to unduly worry, I am a newbie look at my pics at photosig, 90% at done on slide.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
I got a slide cutter ( cost abt $50 ) to help me to cut the slides or u can use sharp scissors to do it ...

then mount it with the mounting (I got mine REFLECTA 200 pcs for $15 at fotoguide)

FYI , I only mount those nice shots

Gunjack

Jul 6, 2002
Zimbabwe
Visit site
Wow! I didn't know I could use a sharp scissor to cut the slides! That would be a great saving for cheapskates like me, hahaha! I tried a roll of slide only once before and that was enough to convince me the beauty of slides...

You certainly can.. I've been cutting and mounting my slides with the cheapo (probably not so sharp) $1 scissor for years and I've not had any problem so far.. :)

KS

Wow! I didn't know I could use a sharp scissor to cut the slides! That would be a great saving for cheapskates like me, hahaha! I tried a roll of slide only once before and that was enough to convince me the beauty of slides...

Dagger

Jul 17, 2002
Singapore
simone.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by kssim
You certainly can.. I've been cutting and mounting my slides with the cheapo (probably not so sharp) $1 scissor for years and I've not had any problem so far.. :)

KS

Certainly no problems. Only after mounting 20 rolls at a go, your thumb and fingers will hurt a bit. ;p

Regards
CK

Ha! Now, that might pose some problems.. I have probably not mounted that many at a time.. With that many slides, I'll probably just pay a bit more and get them all developed with mounting and save myself a little hassle.. :p

KS

Originally posted by ckiang

Certainly no problems. Only after mounting 20 rolls at a go, your thumb and fingers will hurt a bit. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by kssim
Ha! Now, that might pose some problems.. I have probably not mounted that many at a time.. With that many slides, I'll probably just pay a bit more and get them all developed with mounting and save myself a little hassle.. :p

KS
I got so lazy now that I ask for everything mounted. Especially those shot at night where divider lines cannot be seen.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom