Slide Users Gathering #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Hi, thanks for reading this thread. There are a few (7 in fact) who attended the first gathering here. It is a enjoyable one and each of us gain much knowledge from the experience sharing.

Nowadays I seldom find people talking about slides film, mostly talking in Digital, or to an extend B&W. I find that in fact the number of people shooting slides are a niche number, in Singapore at least. As digital becomes part of our lives, traditional stuff may be harder to find. For example you will not be able to get a print direct from slides locally, only by scanning and printing digitally or using the internegative way for what I know.

I am organising this gathering for the following reasons:
1. To promote the use of slide film, be it 35mm, Medium Format or Large Format
2. To consolidate information about local and overseas information about slide
3. To provide an opportunity for people to actually sit down and view the pictures on slide, than looking at the dumb computer ;p
4. To know more friends

Apart from the above intentions, I also have some other ideas:
5. To provide a channel for critique to the photos we took (people like me no scanner nor able to afford scanning slides)
6. To organise photo shoot outings and/or mini competitions to challenge our thinking

I happen to know in one of the threads that the Photography Society of Singapore (PSS) has picture sharing session on every friday night if I am not wrong. We can take this opportunity to get our slides be commented on, be it good or not good to the eye of the person. Only problem is you need to be member of PSS, now at $80 for 2 years. I am also looking out for a good place to view our slides on a projector / screen. If you happen to be able to spare such a space or know of one please do let me know.

I have not have an idea for venue/time/date for the next gathering. The SEED that is being held on the last Wed of every month is this coming Wed 23rd Feb 2005 at the Peninsular Plaza Food Court. I do not know if we should have the same venue and meet up together or get another place/date for not messing up the place. Tentatively I will set the venue/date/time so if you think you need a better timing do feel free to let us know or PM me if you feel there is a better venue/time/date.

For those interested in the gathering:
Time: 7pm
Date: 23rd Feb 2005, Wed

Please leave your nick / name in the list if you are interested:
1.theITguy / Christopher (real name optional lah)

2. ashleyy (going for SEED anyway!)

Ashleyy said:

2. ashleyy (going for SEED anyway!)
3. sf_kang/porcupine [shoots mostly slides & prints Cibachrome/Ilfochrome]

benny said:
Is this happening?

Cheers,

Happening? How happening you want to see... hahaha

sumball said:
Happening? How happening you want to see... hahaha

Dancing girls, (female) cheer leaders with pom pom, wet T shirt contests, lucky draws....

No lah!!! If on I go, not on I don't go lor.....

Anyway, my first time leh, a bit shy mah...

Cheers,

hmm.... I guess maybe next time lor. I go home and play with my slide projector...

Cheers,

Go lar and show us ur slides. I went and met up Chris.

Wet tees!! thats it... I am going too! hahaa
Just kidding, i might join u guys for the next slides outings, i am a total newbie at this, will need plenty of guidance from u lao jiaos! :bsmilie:

You where got newbie.... Anyway, I am still thinking of a better date/time for the next outing.

If you guys got any suggestions can put it here loh.

Sorry I am busy with some shoot outings and other stuff recently. I would think it may be better to have it conducted 1/2 per month, meeting up, bring our slides out and have photo sharing, which is actually very important than to see on a scanned version online (not calibrated monitor etc).

Give me a few days to organise another one, probably in the following week or the week after.

One important question is, which day is actually good for you guys? I think Mon/Tue would be busy days, maybe a Wed/Thurs thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.