Slide Show

Dark Matter

Jul 22, 2008
I would like to burn some photo into a DVD or VCD so that it can be view on DVD player on TV screen. Recently tried Nero but failed. Anyone one out there do slideshow and please recommend me a good SW.

My defination of good SW =
1.easy to use (not too complicated UI or function).
2.must be able to play on dvd/vcd player.
3.able to store photo seperately (but in same disc) so can use it to print out if needed.
4.cost is justify to it function.

Have a nice day.:)

Yes. I'm also looking for a method but so far have tried powerpoint but then used EM Powerpoint video converter to transfer the media to .avi but resolution totally out.

Any bros know how to do it?

What is your model of DVD player ? Many recent players are capable to play photo format directly. What you need to do is burn the image files as data format.

To burn as DVD format for photo slides show, try Photodex Proshow Gold

Er, I know this won't be useful to you since you use a PC... but if you were to find someone with an Mac, like family member or friends, creating a slideshow DVD is super easy:

1. Load photos into iPhoto
2. Open iDVD and create a DVD slideshow of your photos - with music. Photos can be added to the disc with an option.
3. Cut the DVD

All above software comes with the Mac.

I created such photo DVDs of my holiday trips for my parents. Very portable and can be formatted to either 4:3 screen or HD screen.

Last edited:
What is your model of DVD player ? Many recent players are capable to play photo format directly. What you need to do is burn the image files as data format.

To burn as DVD format for photo slides show, try Photodex Proshow Gold

Thanks for the pointer. Had already burn to DVD using proshow gold (before I went MY on 12 dec) and it work on the very old DVD player in my in-law house in malaysia. (sitiawan):) but no photo can be extract for printing.:(. Had to burn another data disc for my in law.

Er, I know this won't be useful to you since you use a PC... but if you were to find someone with an Mac, like family member or friends, creating a slideshow DVD is super easy:

1. Load photos into iPhoto
2. Open iDVD and create a DVD slideshow of your photos - with music. Photos can be added to the disc with an option.
3. Cut the DVD

All above software comes with the Mac.

I created such photo DVDs of my holiday trips for my parents. Very portable and can be formatted to either 4:3 screen or HD screen.

Another plus point for mac...but think i will still chose a PC for my next computer.;).

The new Windows 7 is really good with Windows DVD Maker! In actual fact, you will find that Windows have a lot more freewares and softwares available. I use both but so far have not found something like Faststone(which can do batch watermarking really well!) on MAC. I still cant find a software/freeware in MAC that can do batch watermarking like Faststone. Anyone knows? (BTW, this new Windows 7 dvd maker makes really nice slideshows dvds!)

I still cant find a software/freeware in MAC that can do batch watermarking like Faststone. Anyone knows?

ImageMagick is free and does batch watermarking on a Mac. It is a command line only tool though.

There are also some more others, but they are not free. Google and you'll find them.

Thanks for the pointer. Had already burn to DVD using proshow gold (before I went MY on 12 dec) and it work on the very old DVD player in my in-law house in malaysia. (sitiawan):) but no photo can be extract for printing.:(. Had to burn another data disc for my in law

The ProShow Producer can. you can save the photofiles on the same disc. Not sure abt the Gold version.

Converting the photos into a video slideshow will degrade the quality of the images due to video compression. Your best bet is still to follow megaweb's advice and burn it straight into a DVD-R data disc and hope that your audience's DVD player supports photo display. You may want to resize it to a smaller size since most DVD players take a long time to load multi-megapixel JPEGs.

As for display on TV, maybe you can try connecting your camera straight to your TV using the camera's video out function (that is, if you don't need any fancy transitions and music...)

Last edited:
The ProShow Producer can. you can save the photofiles on the same disc. Not sure abt the Gold version.

Already get the proshow GOLD as my friend recommended and wasn't aware that there is a producer at that point of time...:embrass:...That why I hate to do things at a rush.:sweatsm:

Converting the photos into a video slideshow will degrade the quality of the images due to video compression. Your best bet is still to follow megaweb's advice and burn it straight into a DVD-R data disc and hope that your audience's DVD player supports photo display. You may want to resize it to a smaller size since most DVD players take a long time to load multi-megapixel JPEGs.

As for display on TV, maybe you can try connecting your camera straight to your TV using the camera's video out function (that is, if you don't need any fancy transitions and music...)

Nowonder some my photo looks "pixel"ize on some SW I tried.
I had no choice but to burn into a disc that can be play on a DVD player as I knew my in-law player is very old (should have 5" think) and the TV is like a 15years old CRT...some don't want to take the risk that there is a lack of input connector on the TV set.:sweat:

It is a very country side place...I need to drive 1/2 an hour at 80-90kph to get to the nearest KFC...and yes there is no McDonald yet.

Last edited:
Already get the proshow GOLD as my friend recommended and wasn't aware that there is a producer at that point of time...:embrass:...That why I hate to do things at a rush.:sweatsm:
You can upgrade it anytime... haha @ US $89.95 lah... ;)

Sorry that I just stumbled across this thread.

Can anybody please tell me where to buy Pro Show Gold in Singapore.

I went to Challenger at Funan but they don't carry the SW.

hey,it is easy you can search proshow online,and you can buy online and they will give you a licence code.;)