slide projector prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
radedward said:
Just curious,
what's the range of prices for a slide projector?
and
what's the cheapest slide projector out there?
2nd hand or otherwise

Cheapest I checked at CP is $230.

Dunno what brand.... :dunno:

You can get a 2nd hand one from $100 to $300, those cheap ones. Although the best way to present your pictures on slides is by projection to a good screen, the heat from the light bulb will accelerate in the slow destruction of the slide itself. If you need to project the slides repeatedly, do consider duplicating them if they are really special ones.

theITguy said:
Although the best way to present your pictures on slides is by projection to a good screen, the heat from the light bulb will accelerate in the slow destruction of the slide itself. If you need to project the slides repeatedly, do consider duplicating them if they are really special ones.

So you means once you start looking at the pictures from a projector, the slides will spoil too???

Unless you are using those mount with glass to protect the slides right???

:dunno:

It's the heat from the bulb. Glass mounts don't help much, if any. More for dust protection.

Ah Pao said:
It's the heat from the bulb. Glass mounts don't help much, if any. More for dust protection.

So there is no way at all to protect the slides... beside duplication???

Thanks.......

Personally, while I shoot slide primarily, I do not mount them as I do not project them. I look at the slides through a lightbox, simple space saving.

Basically like what I had said, if you do not project them frequently, maybe after a holiday you share with your friends and family members just a few times, there will not be much problem. Probably they will fade after 20-30 years? If you really want to keep them well, you got to keep them in the fridge or even freezer, which is low humidity (30%), low temperture (10degree in fridge and -10 degrees in freezer, both approximated) and away from direct light (UV etc harmful light) for prolonged period. The humidity and temperture in fridge I just measured yesterday, think pretty standard or around there. Fuji called for a <25 degree for 10-20 storage of processed slides, <10degree for more than 20 years. Fridge is the way cheaply.

I will write up an article once I tested it to help others to store the precious slides/negative.

It is not an immediate spoiled from projecting it. The heat make it spoil faster, maybe after 10 years instead of 10-20 years if similar placed in dry cabinet?

theITguy said:
I will write up an article once I tested it to help others to store the precious slides/negative.

Hi IT guy.....

Thank you so much for your sharing...

How much is a light box???

I will be waiting for your article.... ;)

A simple lightbox can be from $30 up to $200++ (4x5inches smallest size). My recommendation is if you used it for prolonged period, get something better in quality. My Make in China Lightbox AA battery must use AC adapter coz something wrong with the AA battery electronic parts. A lupe to view is also good. A 4x will do. For inspection a 10x or higher magnification is need for details checking.

theITguy said:
A simple lightbox can be from $30 up to $200++ (4x5inches smallest size). My recommendation is if you used it for prolonged period, get something better in quality. My Make in China Lightbox AA battery must use AC adapter coz something wrong with the AA battery electronic parts. A lupe to view is also good. A 4x will do. For inspection a 10x or higher magnification is need for details checking.

What is a lube????

I think 4X should be enough right????? Where to get a 10X magnification??? It is not so neccessary right??? can use a magnifying glass?????

How long can these type of battery viewers last??? Hope that they can last..... made in china do not insipre confidence in me....

A lupe is like a magnifying glass. 10x is normally used for checking details.

Suddenly this come out of my mind (no offence):
Learn to be a responsible forumer, learn to use www.google.com

theITguy said:
A lupe is like a magnifying glass. 10x is normally used for checking details.

Suddenly this come out of my mind (no offence):
Learn to be a responsible forumer, learn to use www.google.com

Ok... thanks... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.