Slide Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydesg

Apr 13, 2003
Visit site
wow
first time i used slides and im getting such good results

34 out of 36 were perfectly exposed and colors are so much better than negative films

yeah, the colours in slide film is so much better. After seeing slides, I cannot bear to look at anything else. Everything else seems so 'flat'.

The thing about slides is that, unless you have a way to project them on screen, you can't quite "glorify" the colours to the people around you. It would be very straining after several minutes to present your slides to friends (or even yourself!) using a loupe. Some have experimented to do prints from slides but it's not only expensive, you don't get that "kind" of colours since after all, you're using prints eventually as a final medium and they just can't reproduce the colours that slides can give. IMHO, it would be more economical to use print films to do prints, not slides.

Well, juz my 2 cents worth...

Hydesg said:
wow
first time i used slides and im getting such good results

34 out of 36 were perfectly exposed and colors are so much better than negative films

Wait til u view them on a projector.. even better.. my advise is to go get a 2nd hand cheap projector n enjoy kekeke

yah man.... i invested in a projector and never regretted it. beats the high end projector you use to connect your laptop in.

all my friends find it 'stylo' as well.... :bsmilie:

which projector do you guys recommend ?

where to buy?

Hydesg said:
which projector do you guys recommend ?

where to buy?

Get the Leica projector at Cathay Photo... Bought a couple of yrs back for around $300

Dear all,

Slides are also good for convertion to digital by good film scanners. Got some great slides done into digital prints... :thumbsup:

Siddhi said:
How much does it cost to convert slides into prints at 4R & 8R sizes ?

Got my done at colour lab. Price are as follow..
4R = $1
8R = $8
8RC = $9

Something to note. Slides tends to become underexpose by 1/2 to 2/3 stop when convert to print. So best is to do the compensation while shooting slides with prints in mind.

Hmm, I usually dont take slides for prints, but sometimes I want to make print of one or two nice looking slides to show other people. What to do then ? Is it worthwhile to scan first and do some adjustment before giving for print ?

Siddhi said:
Hmm, I usually dont take slides for prints, but sometimes I want to make print of one or two nice looking slides to show other people. What to do then ? Is it worthwhile to scan first and do some adjustment before giving for print ?

Na... Only thing you lost is some light when convert from slide to print... The rest of the print are the same....

Status
Not open for further replies.