Sleeping early and waking up early

Status
Not open for further replies.

drOick

Nov 16, 2006
Rivervale Link
www.snaphat.blogspot.com
Hello,

Is there any harmful effects for sleeping early, around 9pm? and waking up at 3am? daily. Will it invert your biological clock and cause you to be more sleepy in the day?

Most of my A level papers are at 8am in the morning. I'm not sure if its true that by waking up at 3am, i would use up some of my energy and not perform as compared to waking up at 7 and going fresh to take the exam.

Any advice?

Ever since I give up my day job to do photography fulltime I work until 3 am every night and wake up at 11am.

I've been doing it for a year already.

It does have an effect on my body.

The hairs on my face start to grow like they are on fertilizer and I start to like to have my meat raw.

Ever since I give up my day job to do photography fulltime I work until 3 am every night and wake up at 11am.

I've been doing it for a year already.

It does have an effect on my body.

The hairs on my face start to grow like they are on fertilizer and I start to like to have my meat raw.

A photograph please ;p

I actually like to wake up a couple of hours beforehand and do some quick revision making full use of short-term memory to stuff some more information into the head.

Sion: :bsmilie: You animal!

Hello,

Is there any harmful effects for sleeping early, around 9pm? and waking up at 3am? daily. Will it invert your biological clock and cause you to be more sleepy in the day?

Most of my A level papers are at 8am in the morning. I'm not sure if its true that by waking up at 3am, i would use up some of my energy and not perform as compared to waking up at 7 and going fresh to take the exam.

Any advice?

I think you should just wake up slightly earlier (maybe at 530?), go for a short jog, before you take your breakfast and go to school. :thumbsup:

Hello,

Any advice?

Not for me.

I remember doing it for several yrs during my student days.

I slept at 8pm and wake up at 2am. It takes a while to get use to it. I start my revision at 2:15am till 5am (jog at 5am , after that back to school work). It freshen up the mind. To top it up , i rest 30-45 mins (7am) before leaving for class, it makes the whole day illuminating.

Good thing is that it is quiet and away from distraction (from pple and television programes). Bad thing is that you are going to miss all those fun nite activities.

Last time during O levels, I used to sleep at 3pm, wake up at 9pm to study all the way to 6am. :sweat:

Thats really not the way to do it!

You want to be as relaxed as possible, not tired and worried and stressed after spending 4 hours up before the light working away.

Thats really not the way to do it!

You want to be as relaxed as possible, not tired and worried and stressed after spending 4 hours up before the light working away.

i agree, but then it depends on individual. I rem during the annual 2 weeks of exam , i was sleeping everyday for 12 hrs like "pig" , watching south parks, eat well and limit my study hours.

basically just live like a king and enjoy life(or exam) .:sweatsm:

I slept at 8pm and wake up at 2am. It takes a while to get use to it. I start my revision at 2:15am till 5am (jog at 5am , after that back to school work). It freshen up the mind. To top it up , i rest 30-45 mins (7am) before leaving for class, it makes the whole day illuminating.

What's your secret of sleeping early and waking up early?

I used to wake up at 6am to in order catch 2 trains to go to work.

But after giving up day job to do photography, if I wake up at the same hour I find myself very tired the whole day.

So I adopt the strategy of sleeping very late and waking up very late to get the work done. So far it works out fine as I can dictate my own working hours. My friends think it's abnormal.

What's your secret of sleeping early and waking up early?

I used to wake up at 6am to in order catch 2 trains to go to work.

But after giving up day job to do photography, if I wake up at the same hour I find myself very tired the whole day.

So I adopt the strategy of sleeping very late and waking up very late to get the work done. So far it works out fine as I can dictate my own working hours. My friends think it's abnormal.

No secret. Just rest sufficiently and slowly adjust bio clock.

Usually if i cannot sleep , i will either listen to BBC (which is boring to me) , do some yoga , a light jog or a glass of warm milk.

If I am to wake up earlier , lets say 1 am , i make sure i sleep more than enough example (7 hrs or more) to "compensate" the disruptive tuning. I will ensure I rest for 30-45 mins mid day.

I tend to avoid things that is mentally exciting before sleep. But i set important tasks in the first few early hours so that I have the urge to wake up on time. I find regular exercise important for quality rest.

Right now, I am on a 10pm - 4 am routine since I am not studying.

OT a bit (as if Sion wasn't OTing enough)

Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Makes your gf go out with other guys.

:p

Also OT a bit. :bsmilie:

I think the best way is if you can't sleep don't force yourself to sleep.

One morning I woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep.

So I just continued to photograph what I left last night. Put the file into the computer and happy with the result and went to bed to sleep like a baby till 11am.

I am sure I wasn't sleep walking or sleep photographing. :bsmilie:

As long as got the sufficient amount of sleep, dun think time of sleep and time of wake up matter.

Not for me.

I remember doing it for several yrs during my student days.

Good thing is that it is quiet and away from distraction (from pple and television programes). Bad thing is that you are going to miss all those fun nite activities.

Yeah, the main thing is the distraction if i study at the normal time. Tv, friends etc. Ha, A levels is in 18days, i don't think i would mind missing all the night activities for now. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.