sleep walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjourn

Aug 9, 2004
Punggol 21
crap...my son just sleep walked and pissed into the washing machine, walked back to bed and slept again...:bsmilie: Anybody got any idea to prevent sleep walking? now have to keep all the windows shut and keep the house keys out of reach, paranoia just started..

crap...my son just sleep walked and pissed into the washing machine, walked back to bed and slept again...:bsmilie: Anybody got any idea to prevent sleep walking? now have to keep all the windows shut and keep the house keys out of reach, paranoia just started..

go see a doctor...get it treated.

Yeah... better to see a doctor. But for my case, i didn't see the doctor and the thing just went away with age. Used to sleepwalk until abt 11years old when it stopped on its own. Used to go outside to the sofa and "watch tv", walk around the house and stuff. Almost all the times i sleepwalk i wont make it back to bed, always seem to end up UNDER the bed somehow. How i knew was because my parents/brother will tell me in the morning wad i did the night before. Haha I wonder what i did on the times i woke up under my bed and nobody saw wad i did the night before... Haha

just make sure keys are kept properly (ex. in high places) and doors and windows are locked properly.

i believe there's a sleep clinic in NUH. wouldn't hurt to bring ur son there. :)

man... this is scary... :what:

I also sleep walk when I was young. My mom has to carry me back to bed sometimes. Just dissappear when I grew up.

I suggest you keep an eye on him first, it may just be that he wanted to go to the toilet but because he's 1/2 sleep 1/2 awake, lost his sense of direction and end up thinking that the washing machine area is the toilet. I think it happen to most kids in our high stress schooling env.

I saw a documentary on sleep walking. There are people who can cook a full meal, eat it, and wash up when they are sleep walking. Then they become really fat. It's amazing. They can use the knife and cut stuff, all in their sleep.

Bro, I think it's more a case of being disorientated while half asleep looking for the loo for your boy lar :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I saw a documentary on sleep walking. There are people who can cook a full meal, eat it, and wash up when they are sleep walking. Then they become really fat. It's amazing. They can use the knife and cut stuff, all in their sleep.

play too much cooking mama.... :bsmilie:

Bro, I think it's more a case of being disorientated while half asleep looking for the loo for your boy lar :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i still puzzled... his washing machine is top load or side load? cos if top load, how the heck he climb up and pee in? :bigeyes:

i still puzzled... his washing machine is top load or side load? cos if top load, how the heck he climb up and pee in? :bigeyes:

You assume his son is a young boy... maybe his son is a big boy? :bsmilie:

Lucky he didn't pee into his father's drybox with $50,000 worth of photo equipments in it. :bsmilie:

How do you know it didn't happen before? :devil::devil:

Lucky he didn't pee into his father's drybox with $50,000 worth of photo equipments in it. :bsmilie:

Next time he do a dump on the dry box...
Washing machine for wet business...
Dry box for dry business...
:bsmilie:

Do note how many times it has happened. If it's only 1~2 times during this period, chances are he's stressed about something (eg. sibling? :) ).

If it lasts for beyond a month, then get professional help.

My Sect Cmdr once told us that he had to deal with a few recruits over the years with this problem. He made the i/c put wet floor rugs on both side of their bunk and it worked. Apparently wet soggy feet wakes the person up.

hee hee...thanks for all the inputs. So far tonight no incident yet.

btw, he's 7 yrs old and my washer is a side load DCA:kok:sjourn

my equipment dun worth $50K, Sion:kok:sjourn

This morning I asked him:

me : Did you wake up to pass urine
son : <pause>...ya
me : Where did you pass urine?
son : Toilet lor.....
me : No, you piss in the washer
son : <Starts laughing>
me : <also start laughing>

Wife: YOU ALL THINK IT IS FUNNY??!!!?!!

me & son: <both shut up:(>