SLCC Basic Photography Sunday Course - January 9th Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the previous Basic Photograhy Course at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 4 lessons, all to be held outdoors for a total of approx 20hrs. We'll do day and/or night shoots on Sundays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true. Lessons may stretch beyond 5hrs per session, so pls be prepared to stay outdoors for long periods. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

Course Syllabus
1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

3)What lenses do to your pictures
- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

4)Composition & the acceptable picture
- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM

Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's endorsement.

Class Schedule is as follows:

Jan 9, 2005 (10am-2pm)
Jan 16, 2005 (10am-2pm)
Jan 23, 2005 (5pm-9pm)
Jan 30, 2005 (10am-2pm)

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)
4)
5)
6)

Limited to 6 participants only pls. I will start another class for the spillovers. :)

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)Juzmoo
4)
5)
6)

Limited to 6 participants only pls. I will start another class for the spillovers.
Please sign up early to avoid disappointments! :)

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)Juzmoo
4)Edwin
5)
6)

Dear all, the class is full. I will take 3 people as reserved, subject to confirmation 1 week before the class starts.

Those on the confirmed list must submit payment by Jan 2, 2005. If i don't receive news by Jan 2, 2005, i'll open the space up to those in the reserve list. If all slots for this class are confirmed by Jan 2, 2005, those in the reserve list will be shifted to my Sat class, due to start on Jan 22.

RESERVE LIST:

1)
2)
3)

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)Juzmoo
4)Edwin
5)Amoxy
6)Wongy128

Dear all, the class is full. I will take 3 people as reserved, subject to confirmation 1 week before the class starts.

Those on the confirmed list must submit payment by Jan 2, 2005. If i don't receive news by Jan 2, 2005, i'll open the space up to those in the reserve list. If all slots for this class are confirmed by Jan 2, 2005, those in the reserve list will be shifted to my Sat class, due to start on Jan 22.

RESERVE LIST:

1)
2)
3)

Hi PLRBEAR,

Put me on your Sat class on 22nd Jan instead... How and where can I make payment to you? Is it at Stanley Lim Colour Centre? What is your contact? Thanks.

Hi PLRBEAR,

pls put me on the reserve list for the Jan 9 course.If confirm, you pay up before 2 Jan 05.

slingshot said:
Hi PLRBEAR,

pls put me on the reserve list for the Jan 9 course.If confirm, you pay up before 2 Jan 05.

Sorry typo error. Will pay before 2 Jan 05.

slingshot said:
Sorry typo error. Will pay before 2 Jan 05.

HAHAHAHAH! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That one really made my day. Thanks buddy. Will put you on reserve. There's always the Jan 22 class if this doesn't materialize for you.

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)Juzmoo
4)Edwin
5)Amoxy
6)Wongy128

RESERVE LIST:

1) Terence
2)
3)

1)Footprints
2)300D
3)Juzmoo
4)Edwin
5)Amoxy
6)Wongy128

RESERVE LIST:

1) Terence
2) Ken 20D
3) Rolland

Due to lousy weather in store for us during the first two weeks of January, i am delaying the start of the BPC (originally set for Jan 9th 1st Class) for one week. New schedule is as follows:

Jan 16, 2005 (10am-2pm)
Jan 23, 2005 (10am-2pm)
Jan 30, 2005 (5-9pm)
Feb 6, 2005 (5-9pm)

Pls acknowledge receipt of this message. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.