SLCC Basic Photography Course Feb 19 (Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLRBEAR

Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Hello folks! In view of the overwhelming response of the previous Basic Photograhy Course at Stanley Lim Colour Centre, i've decided to start another class right after the completion of the current intake.

I started out on the wrong foot 15yrs ago, thinking that i'd done it all with self-taught photography skills. However, upon receiving professional instruction further down the road, i realized that i was doing many things wrongly. As a result, i now what it feels like to be on the "dark side" and literally in the dark about many things regarding photography. I am currently a full-time professional photographer, with experience in wedding photography, commercial shoots and makeover photography. The course will include the following, but is not limited to:

1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
3)What lenses do to your pictures
4)Composition & the acceptable picture
5)Maintenance

This is a rough outline of the course. S$200 for 4 lessons, all to be held outdoors for a total of approx 20hrs. We'll do day and/or night shoots on Saturdays. Make up lessons/remedial lessons will be provided if you miss any/anything. We live, we learn, we share, and make our dreams come true. Lessons may stretch beyond 5hrs per session, so pls be prepared to stay outdoors for long periods. Digital/Film cameras are welcome, and MUST allow full manual control. If you have any difficulties on the equipment, please speak to me.

On a final note, i encourage all beginners to take part in this course. You bugger up your foundation, and you'll be headed nowhere with little or no direction. Build up a solid base, and we'll go from there!

Course Syllabus
1)Inner & Outer workings of cameras
- What kind of cameras we have out there
- What they're used for
- Fundamental SLR parts & their operation
- What sort of SLR do you need?
- Basic features your SLR should have & why

2)Factors involved in exposure & their effects
- Shutter speed
- Aperture
- Film
- How to manipulate these three basic factors of exposure to create your photograph
- Lighting conditions and what how you can harness the power of natural light

3)What lenses do to your pictures
- Types of lenses available
- Effects of Wide-angle lenses
- Zoom lenses and what they do for you
- Perspective & View Angle

4)Composition & the acceptable picture
- Rule of Thirds & breaking the rules of photography
- Subject focus
- Framing etc

5)Maintenance
- What you need to maintain your equipment
- What you can do to ensure that your equipment doesn't fail sooner than it should

If anyone needs more information, pls do not hesitate to contact me via PM

Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's endorsement.

Class Schedule is as follows:

Feb 19, 2005 (10am - 2pm)
Feb 26, 2005 (10am - 2pm)
Mar 05, 2005 (5pm - 9pm)
Mar 12, 2005 (5pm - 9pm)

Enrollment for the BPC is capped at 6:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

Those on the reserve list will be notified 1 week prior to starting, as payment will have been made by the confirmed participants then. If there are no open slots, those on reserve will form another class.

For those of you who wish to see what other students have done in the past, i'm preparing a website containing their work. It'll give you a good idea of what we're trying to do in the BPC.

At the same time, i'd appreciate it if those interested can meet up with me prior to the course, to break the ice and allow me to familiarize myself with your goals for photography. :thumbsup: :)

Some folks have asked me if i provide makeup lessons if they miss any of the classes. I do.
One of my students is an air stewardess, and due to her tight schedules, i've had to do a special schedule for her half the time.
I have no issues with that, as long as i can ensure that my students get the best care possible and progress. :thumbsup:

Hello everyone!

The online album for SLCC's Basic Photography Course is up. Photographs in the album are from my latest graduating batch, where we had our final class at the Singapore Zoological Gardens.

I will be adding images from past students in the next week or two, so stay tuned for more! :)

Please click on the link:

SLCC Basic Photography Course Online Album

For those who are new to photography and are interested to join any courses, this is definately one of the courses that is worth taking. :thumbsup: . I am not related with SLCC but had just graduated from the course. As you can leant a lot from Amos not only during lesson time but anytime as long he's free. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Upz for you. :)

Mai Tu Liao...Great course! Go attend and won't regret. Amos is a great instructor... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How come never ask me to go Zoo take photos :bsmilie:

i have just complete my course with him. i have learn alot from him and my other friend along this course. it is worth the time and you will not regret it. come on guys join the course and take more beauitful pic.

Thank you for your support guys. Without the students, there's no instructor.
I salute you for your perseverance during these few weeks, and congratulate you on your swift and consistent progress. Once again, i have not only been given the chance to impart my knowledge to you folks, but (most importantly), i've made another bunch of friends.

Remember, my door is always open.
:thumbsup:

1) Spencer Tan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

Those on the reserve list will be notified 1 week prior to starting, as payment will have been made by the confirmed participants then. If there are no open slots, those on reserve will form another class.

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3)
4)
5)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

C'mon! Keep those enquiries coming in. It's great to hear so many people interested in my course. Also helps that i've managed to touch so many people with basic photography. Let's spread the word! :)

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3) Trevor Tham
4)
5)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3) Trevor Tham
4) Wayne(wainism)-subject to query
5)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

For those who have not submitted their contact information to me, please do so ASAP so that i can arrange for a pre-course briefing.

Thanks folks! :)

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3) Trevor Tham
4) Wayne(wainism)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

is this course still on? :dunno:

wainism said:

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3) Trevor Tham
4) Wayne(wainism)
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

is this course still on? :dunno:

Yes it is. Please call PLRBEAR on his mobile 81254625. His name is AMOS.

Hello Wayne,

Replied to your PM, but i think you didn't get it for some reason. Course is still on! :)

1) Spencer Tan
2) Soon Shyang
3) Trevor Tham
4) Wayne(wainism)-subject to query
5)Willy Chia
6)

Reserve list:
1)
2)
3)

Stanley Lim Colour Centre wish ClubSNAP and all the CS members A Happy Lunar New Year and GONG XI FA CAI :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.