SLCC : Basic Photography Course 13th Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 13th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 03/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 17/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 24/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 30/04/05 ) ( 4pm to 6pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1) Reserved
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

I dun mean to be OT here but I really appreciate it if you could put in the day as well, such as 3 Apr (Sun),... 30 Apr (Sat).

Think it would help, at least I will appreacite it.

Up for the great instructor!

Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning PRO.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 13th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 03/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am ) -- SUN
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 17/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am ) -- SUN
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 24/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am ) -- SUN
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 30/04/05 ) ( 4pm to 6pm ) -- SAT
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our past students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You are always welcome to come back to our school for us to review your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only when they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

1) Reserved
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevance between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

Done !!! Day added :)

Weiliang and I will be looking fwd to seeing all of you !!! In case you are wondering....Yes, I am the additional instructor :lovegrin:

hi guys,

Is all your courses done on weekends?

:)

upzzz for this course :thumbsup: .....i have 2 other colleguea who are interested in taking up this course....

:( 12th intake has just full (coz the sched is favor to me and my frend)

give Weiliang a call...mayb we can work out sth for you or your colleagues.

No worries, if you are keen to learn, we are keen to teach :)

Nobody will be left out at SLCC :lovegrin:

GOD BLESS !!!

nywreb said:
hi guys,

Is all your courses done on weekends?

:)

upzzz for this course :thumbsup: .....i have 2 other colleguea who are interested in taking up this course....

:( 12th intake has just full (coz the sched is favor to me and my frend)

Hey, I think I can remember you. Why not give me a call? I will try to arrange something for you. Give you a chance to call me ok? hahaha, I will be waiting for your phone from now onwards.

Toto38 said:
Hey, I think I can remember you. Why not give me a call? I will try to arrange something for you. Give you a chance to call me ok? hahaha, I will be waiting for your phone from now onwards.

hi
u know me of course (my F55 cam :bsmilie: )

will call u once i confirmed with my friends if they really interested to the course.....

when they asked about last sunday workshop and share with them what I learned and understand and explaining a brief on the course that you guys offer...they seems to be amazed and interested (can i have a discount :bsmilie: )... but still, i need to confirm to them......

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!

nywreb said:
hi
u know me of course (my F55 cam :bsmilie: )

will call u once i confirmed with my friends if they really interested to the course.....

when they asked about last sunday workshop and share with them what I learned and understand and explaining a brief on the course that you guys offer...they seems to be amazed and interested (can i have a discount :bsmilie: )... but still, i need to confirm to them......

God Bless!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, of cos you can.........They can drink only one packet during the lesson, but you can have much as you can. Hehe see how nice I treat you! Don't tell others OK!

Toto38 said:
Yes, of cos you can.........They can drink only one packet during the lesson, but you can have much as you can. Hehe see how nice I treat you! Don't tell others OK!
ok zip my mouth.....

Toto38 said:
Toto38 said:
I will try to arrange something for you. Give you a chance to call me ok? hahaha, I will be waiting for your phone from now onwards.
Later the Master Stalet :kok: you then you know.... ;p

Up for the great course and the great instructors!!!

Ops! It is Master Stanley... pai seh!

Update:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I had received many calls today. Those who interested on this Basic Photography Course please call us or come to visit us at 122 Middle Road #02-03 Midlink Plaza. Please call before you come.

Toto38 said:
Update:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

I had received many calls today. Those who interested on this Basic Photography Course please call us or come to visit us at 122 Middle Road #02-03 Midlink Plaza. Please call before you come.

Basic photography is very impotrant cause if you have problem on your basic knowledge, then you will have problem when you go for any other course that you need to have firm basic foundation. Yes, you can learn the basic knowledge by yourself ,but it takes time and without a proper review it takes time to improve. Chinese say "chun jin nan mai chun guang ying" mean money can't buy time. But now you just have to pay a bit to attend any courses that you want, you can save the time on merry-go-around.

We will still start the class as planned even if there are less then 10 person. If you guys can't make it on Sunday, just give us a call, so that we can arrange another day for you. We don't turn someone down who love photography.

This basic course will really build your basic foundation firmly. We will also teach you how to read neg. Form the neg you will know what is under, normal or over.

We discover many people shy to ask when they have any question, especially lady. So the only better way we can do is to have two instructors when there is more than 6 people, cause we want to make sure nobody will be left out during the lesson.

Don't have to feel shy to ask any question when you have any problem during the lesson. The question that you ask might be
their question (otherwise they will not be in the same lesson) too. The only way to learn fast is to ask,ask,ask.........many, many, many...... question.

And don't be pai seh or feel that it is only a very simple question and you can find out your own. You can always ask things things that you have asked before .... :)

Update:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Those who interested on this Basic Photography Course please call us or come to visit us at 122 Middle Road #02-03 Midlink Plaza. Please call before you come.[/QUOTE]

Update:
1) Confirmed
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Those who interested on this Basic Photography Course but cannot make it for these 2 dates , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you all . :)

Come down to Stanley Lim Colour Centre nd have a cup a kopi and find out more about what we are going to teach you. :D

Blitz28 said:
Come down to Stanley Lim Colour Centre nd have a cup a kopi and find out more about what we are going to teach you. :D

Yes, you guys can come down to have a cup of kopi or any drinks you like with us. SLCC is not a place just to oncourse, this is also a place to chit chat everything.(Don't worry if you are not going to sign up any of our course)

We like people to visit us, visit our studio. When you visit us you will know who is Toto38, ProImage, Blitz28 and Blazingflames18, of course you can even know many of our students and CS members ass well. They use to come to our place to chit chat, we talk talk about everything. They talk about their job, talk about their boss talk about.............many manything. We also make fun on each other. Our place is ont only for photography but also a place to relieve stress.

You guys can come down any time, but always remember to call before you come.

Add: 122, Middle #02-03 Midlink Plaza
HP : 98583502 Joanne
96383643 Stanley
97607716 Weiliang

When I have no where to go, SLCC comes to my mind. When I am thristy and feel like having a packet of green tea, SLCC comes to my mind. :bsmilie:

Sometimes, really feel pai seh cos not attending their course but ask questions somehow related to the course, and yet they answer me and make sure I understand what he/she meant. I paid nothing but time. ;)

Up for SLCC!

sumball said:
When I have no where to go, SLCC comes to my mind. When I am thristy and feel like having a packet of green tea, SLCC comes to my mind. :bsmilie:

Sometimes, really feel pai seh cos not attending their course but ask questions somehow related to the course, and yet they answer me and make sure I understand what he/she meant. I paid nothing but time. ;)

Up for SLCC!

Please don't say pai seh, you are always welcome. Not only sumball, we welcome everyone. No matter a cup of kopi or a packet of green tea.

Thank you sumball! Always welcome you to SLCC for many many packets of green tea! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.