SLCC : Basic Photography Course 12th Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 12th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 02/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 09/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 16/04/05 ) ( 9am to 11am )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 24/04/05 ) ( 4pm to 6pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
- Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

1) Confirmed
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5) Reserved
6) Reserved
7) Reserved
8)
9)
10)

You don't have a DSLR or SLR camera ?? :think:
It's ok ...!! we have SLR cameras to lend you for the course !! :D

Wah! I had receive many phone call. Those who are interested please call Weiliang to understand more about this course.

If you can't make it on the schedule just let Weiliang know, he will plan another schedule just for you.

We understand that the basic foundation is very important so the only way to build the strong foundation is to learn from SLR, so if you guys can handle SLR camera, then DSLR will be chicken feet to you.

Don't have to worry if you don't have a SLR camera,
and you don't have to buy any SLR camera. SLCC will loan it to you when you need it.

We hope that you can enjoy the fun and joy of the photography world with SLCC. Thank you!

Toto38 said:
Wah! I had receive many phone call. Those who are interested please call Weiliang to understand more about this course.

If you can't make it on the schedule just let Weiliang know, he will plan another schedule just for you.

We understand that the basic foundation is very important so the only way to build the strong foundation is to learn from SLR, so if you guys can handle SLR camera, then DSLR will be chicken feet to you.

Don't have to worry if you don't have a SLR camera,
and you don't have to buy any SLR camera. SLCC will loan it to you when you need it.

We hope that you can enjoy the fun and joy of the photography world with SLCC. Thank you!

i am very much interested in the course after attending that workshop last sun..

but due to work commitment, i cannot fit into the sechedule..

haiz..

k3nn3th03 said:
i am very much interested in the course after attending that workshop last sun..

haiz..

Is ok if you can't attend this intake you can always wait for the next intake. But if you can't wait you can call Weiliang to plan another sechedule for you. Hope you can enjoy the fun and joy with us.
Thank you!

Upz for a good course and instructor! ;)

k3nn3th03 said:

haiz..
Hi k3nn3th03,
maybe u can let me know which day u are free ... cos got some participants cannot make it on Sat too. May open another class on weekday or Sunday. :)

Regards
Wong Weiliang
Tel : 9760-7716

As mentioned by Jen, Up for the great guy Blitz28 and the course! Also the helpful Joanne!

Just a few words for him. He is very passionate about photography and also he is very dedicated to teach and making sure his student understand every thing at the end of the course.. ;)
Thumbs up for a good instructor :thumbsup:

Due to overwhelming responses, there are quite a number of potential students on the reserved list. These potential Students wanted to check their schedule before they can commit. Hence, we shall confirm a student based on first come first serve when they pay their deposit.

For those who had problems with their schedule, please do not feel left out as we will design our course to suit your schedule and we will try to get potential students who are available on the same date to join you.

Do not worry about the course being full, we will adjust accordingly by opening new classes to accommodate the students who are later.

Feel free call Blitz28 (Weiliang, 97607716) or Myself (Joanne, 98583502) for more information.

Hi , when will be the next intake for sat ? thnks

1) J - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
2) R - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
3) W - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
4) S - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
5) R - Confirmed (Waiting for Deposit)
6) W - Confirmed (Waiting for Deposit)
7) S - Confirmed (Waiting for Deposit)
8) G - Confirmed (Waiting for Deposit)
9) Reserved
10) Reserved

sharp_shooter said:
Just a few words for him. He is very passionate about photography and also he is very dedicated to teach and making sure his student understand every thing at the end of the course.. ;)
Thumbs up for a good instructor :thumbsup:

Thanks sharp shooter :)

kitkat said:
Hi , when will be the next intake for sat ? thnks

Sorry to reply you late! Due to the over-whelming respond, I had discussed with Weiliang this afternoon. He will having a Basic Class on another day, but we have not confirm the day yet. We will let you guys know ASAP.

We really want to thank you guys willing to give us this chance to share the photography world with you.

I understand there are still a lot of CS members wanted to join the pre-basic workshop on 20/3/2005. But unfortunately either they are buzy or the slots had been all taken up. They are very dissapointed and hope that we can organize another workshop just for them.

After discussed with Stanley, we would like to let have another pre-workshop for CS members. Those who interested can form a group (at least 15 people not more that 25 people). Then give me a call we will set up a workshop just for you. You must call me to comfirm the date inadvance.

1) J - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
2) R - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
3) W - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
4) S - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
5) R - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
6) W - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
7) S - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
8) G - Confirmed (Deposit Paid)
9) Awaiting Deposit
10) Awaiting Deposit

Please be advised the class for this intake is full. We will be proceeding with a new thread for a new class if there is enough demand.

Thank You for your support.

wow .... Joanne just called me to inform that our class is FULL :)

I may not have met some of you. In any case, Weiliang and I cant wait to share our passion for photography with all of you.

Looking forward to the coming lesson ... LEARN THE FOUNDATIONS QUICKLY, SOLVE THOSE 'BAD' PICTURES OF YOURS AND ENJOY THE GOOD PICS SOON :lovegrin:

Thanks all for joining the Basic Photogaphy 12th Intake . We had a number of PMs saying that they are interested to join the Sat class too.

We will be opening the next Sat class ones we check our schedules.
Those who are interested can join our Basic Photography 13th Intake on Sunday.

Please PM me or contact me @ 9760-7716 if you have any enquiries. :)

Those who are interested can join the Basic Photography 13th Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.