SLCC : 19th Basic Photography Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 19th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 31/07/05 ) ( Sunday 9am - 12pm )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 07/08/05 ) ( Sunday 9am to 12pm )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 14/08/05 ) ( Sunday 9am to 12pm )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 21/08/05 ) ( Sunday 4pm to 7pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 6, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 6 students.

As we know most of our students are working or studying and they may need to go overseas trip or may be busy on that day. We provide make up lesson for any of the lesson/s that you missed.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

Be prepared to stay longer for all the lessons ..!! ;)

Those who can't make it for the wekends ... please call us so that we can make special arangements for you. :)

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

We will open the afternoon classes if you are interested. :)

A truly excellent class with an instructor that has no inhibition in sharing his knowledge.

kenzi said:
A truly excellent class with an instructor that has no inhibition in sharing his knowledge.

Thanks kenzi !!
I had an excellent time teaching and sharing with all of you !! :D

For those who are interested to find out more, please call me @ 9760-7716 or Joanne @ 9858-3502.

1) Reserved
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

eh Blitz28

possible to pick up a copy of the cert from you? seems like I can use this to siam a few classes in uni :D

Klose said:
eh Blitz28

possible to pick up a copy of the cert from you? seems like I can use this to siam a few classes in uni :D

Wah so good ah ..!! Still can siam classes in uni ... :bigeyes: :bsmilie:
We had sent the certificates for printing liao .... Call us next week to see if it's ready for
collection :)

1) Confirmed
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Hi
wanna check any courses in septmber onwards... i think now too late if i enrol....btw how much is it?, location and duration

helfizad said:
Hi
wanna check any courses in septmber onwards... i think now too late if i enrol....btw how much is it?, location and duration

Yes, we have this course on every month. Call Weiliang at 97607716 to understand more about this course, if you want to PM him also no problem. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.