SLCC : 17th Basic Photography Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 17th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 03/07/05 ) ( Sunday 9am - 12pm )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 10/07/05 ) ( Sunday 9am to 12pm )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 17/07/05 ) ( Sunday 9am to 12pm )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 24/07/05 ) ( Sunday 4pm to 7pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) so that we can arrange other dates for you.

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Confirmed
2) Reserved
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Confirmed
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Confirmed
2) Confirmed
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) Confirmed
2) Confirmed
3) COnfirmed
4) Confirmed
5) Reserved
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Blitz28 said:
1) Confirmed
2) Confirmed
3) COnfirmed
4) Confirmed
5) Reserved
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Yes, we have one slot left. There will only be 6 students this time. The other instrutor is very buzy, thus we decided to stop at 6 students in one class, so Weiliang can take more care to all the students.

Just to inform you the course is a 2 hr session, but be prepared to stay for about 4 - 5 hr.

4 session X 4hr =16hr. Then 16hr/2hr which mean than you are having 8 lessons , but you are paying for only 4 lessons.

Can guarantee that you will learn alot :sweat: you may be able to see chio bus during the pracs like today's one :bsmilie:

Klose said:
Can guarantee that you will learn alot :sweat: you may be able to see chio bus during the pracs like today's one :bsmilie:

Today prac can realy see a lot chiobus sia :bigeyes: :bsmilie: ..... got take them or not ??

Next time must find more places got chiobus ones .... :bsmilie:

Ashwin said:
Are there anymore slots left?? i am intrested to join in.

Hello Ashwin, sorry to reply you late. Cause Blitz 28 is having incamp traning for this one week.

The Sunday Morning intake is full, but due to the respond, we decided to have another class on the afternoon.(Don't forget this is a 4-5 hr course, please be prepare to stay for it)

So those who interested please call me at 98583502(Joanne).

Ashwin, do you interested on the afternoon class? If you do, or you need to understand more about this course plesae call my hp or visit us at 122, Middle Road Midlink Plaza #02-03. Thank you!

Due to the outstanding response, we will be starting another class on Sun Afternoon too as the Sunday Morning class is full.

Please free to call Joanne at 98583502.

Thank you for all your support.

Too bad I am not able to join Blitz28 due to current commitments ..... but hey, we can still discuss and share photography if I am around the area ....

What are you waiting for ? JOIN JOIN JOIN !!! :)

Toto38 said:
Due to the outstanding response, we will be starting another class on Sun Afternoon too as the Sunday Morning class is full.

Please free to call Joanne at 98583502.

Thank you for all your support.

Class will starts at 3.30pm and ends at 5.30pm. But be prepared to stay up to 8pm for extra lessons (No extra charge).

1. Confirmed
2. Reserved

Weiliang is in camp now till Friday, so those who interested please call me at 98583502 or visit us at: 122, Middle Road Midlink Plaza #02-03(please call before you come).

Update:

1.Confirmed
2.Reserved

If you can't make it on Sun afternoon, we also having another class on the Sat morning. If you don't have camera don't worry, cos we have camera to lend it those who need it. Anyway call us if you are having any problem, is our pleasure to help you.

Let's have the fun and joy of the photography world together with us. Thank you!

Toto38 said:
Weiliang is in camp now till Friday, so those who interested please call me at 98583502 or visit us at: 122, Middle Road Midlink Plaza #02-03(please call before you come).

Update:

1.Confirmed
2.Reserved

If you can't make it on Sun afternoon, we also having another class on the Sat morning. If you don't have camera don't worry, cos we have camera to lend it those who need it. Anyway call us if you are having any problem, is our pleasure to help you.

Let's have the fun and joy of the photography world together with us. Thank you!

Thank you to those who support us. The latest update for the two classes:

Sat morning class(9.00am)

1.Confirmed

Sun morning class(9.00am)----Full

Sun afternoon class(3.30pm)

1. Confirmed
2. Reserved

Remember call us if you have any timing problem, we will try to help you.

Thank you! :D

Hi Everyone ,

I'm back from my 1 week ICT :)
You can now call me directly @ 9760-7716 regarding the Basic Course :D

6 more days to go. Hurry, join the course share the joy and fun of the photography world with SLCC(Stanley Lim Colour Center).

Status
Not open for further replies.