SLCC : 16th Basic Photography Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 16th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 02/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am - 12pm )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 09/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 16/07/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 23/07/05 ) ( Saturday 4pm to 7pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

Good course and instructor. A definite must go :D

Thanks Klose and GanS_n_PoserS ...!! :)

true .. true ...true....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so sign-up now to avoid disappoinment :D

cheers

nywreb said:
true .. true ...true....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so sign-up now to avoid disappoinment :D

cheers

Wah nywreb ... still not Zzzz yet ? or still working ?? :bigeyes:

Blitz28 said:
Wah nywreb ... still not Zzzz yet ? or still working ?? :bigeyes:

night shift leh.... :D

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro . :)

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) so that we can arrange other dates for you.

Blitz28 said:
when you coming down to drink kopi ? ;p

don't know yet coz to busy at work due to quarter end and some more this coming will be going back to Philippines .....

anyway :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for this course....

cheers :D

nywreb said:
don't know yet coz to busy at work due to quarter end and some more this coming will be going back to Philippines .....

anyway :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for this course....

cheers :D

icic ....remember to take more photos from Philippines !! :)

Blitz28,

Have the rolls been developed yet? How did mine turn out? :bsmilie:

All developed liao ..... :)
During the review you will know how good is your 1st Practical liao lor .... :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

:bsmilie: :sticktong

calebsuresh said:
I would like to join this course

Hey there

Glad to hear that u are interested in our course. Currently, our course instructor Weiliang is undergoing In Camp Training - You can just contact me for any details. I am Joanne. U can contact me at 98583502.
There are 3 classes being held for Basic Photography. The classes are on Sat Morning, Sun Morning and Sun Afternoon.( But sorry to inform u that the Sun morning class is full). So u can choose n decide on the 2 time slots available n let me know.
If u would like to know more about the course, u can refer to the thread shown below.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=135243

Hi Everyone ,

I'm back from my 1 week ICT :)
You can now call me directly @ 9760-7716 regarding the Basic Course :D

Blitz28 said:
Hi Everyone ,

I'm back from my 1 week ICT :)
You can now call me directly @ 9760-7716 regarding the Basic Course :D

Hope ur ICT was fun saw you from afar but was doing sai kang :bsmilie:

Klose said:
Hope ur ICT was fun saw you from afar but was doing sai kang :bsmilie:

lol .... :bsmilie:
This ICT not fun sia ..... a lot of **** up on top :sweat:

The latest update for the two classes:

Sat morning class (9.00am)
1.Confirmed
2.Reserved
3.Reserved

Sun morning class (9.00am)----Full

Sun afternoon class(3.30pm)
1. Confirmed
2. Reserved
3. Reserved

Thanks for supporting SLCC !! :)
Remember call us if you have any timing problem, we will try to help you.

Thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.