SLCC : 15th Basic Photography Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz28

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 15th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 04/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am - 12pm )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 11/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 18/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 02/07/05 ) ( Saturday 4pm to 7pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

Name list (Your nicks will remain private)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) so that we can arrange other dates for you. :)

Please come down and visit us. This is the most extensive Basic Photography Course in Singapore.

Remember, good foundation will bring your progression of your photography skills to not a higher level but as well faster too. Don't wait for the sky to drop as if the longer you wait, your moment in time will disappear into thin air.

knoxknocks said:
Uppz for a good course and instructor :)

Thanks knoxknocks ! :)
Got take any new photos recently ? Come down to SLCC lah .. so that we can share share or find us drink kopi . :D

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro . :D

Blitz28 said:
Hi Everyone,

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro.

This course will equip you with the essentials to take that next level. As the saying goes, every journey starts with a first step. Stanley Lim Colour Centre (SLCC) is here to point our participants in the correct direction. We’re proud to present the 15th Intake for the Basic Photography course.

Total 4 Lessons
Below is a brief layout of our lessons

Lesson 1 ( 04/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am - 12pm )
- Introduction to different camera formats
- Parts of an SLR and DSLR camera
- Lenses
- Filters
- Film and ISO rating
- Maintenance of equipment

Lesson 2 ( 11/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Aperture
- Shutter Speed
- Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO relationship
- Exposure
- Metering System
- Outdoor Practical 1

Lesson 3 ( 18/06/05 ) ( Saturday 9am to 12pm )
- Review of Practical 1
- Composition
- Outdoor Practical 2

Lesson 4 ( 02/07/05 ) ( Saturday 4pm to 7pm )
- Review of Practical 2
- Techniques for Night Shoot
- Outdoor Practical 3

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road)
Course fee: $200 .
Photographers : Max 10, minimum 2

Note
We would start our class with a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 10 students. There will be 1 additional instructor if the class exceeds 6 students.

If you can't join the weekend classes , please call Joanne (9858-3502) or me (9760-7716) to see if we can work out other dates for you.

At Stanley Lim Colour Center ( SLCC ) we also take note of the progress and development of our pass students, as and when we can, we will offer our comments and expertise. You will always be welcome to come back for review of your photos.

Requirements
Students are required to shoot using SLR camera for their 1st Outdoor Practical to test their exposures. For DSLR users, we have SLR cameras to lend to them and we would only encourage them to use their digital camera only if they are able to achieve correct and consistent exposures.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please PM me your questionnaires or refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Certificate
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is a member of the Singapore Photographic Trade Association, and is authorized to present certificates to its photography course participants with the SPTA's ( Singapore Photography Trade Association ) endorsement.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

End of Course
At the end of the course, you would be able to take photographs more confidently. You would be able to understand the relevancy between the Aperture and shutter speed, how it affects the pictures and the Depth of field, hence, you would be able to compose your photographs in your mind before you press the shutter.

LEARN LEARN LEARN...

jamestan said:
LEARN LEARN LEARN...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

u will not regret to be part of this course.......

cheers
:) :)

Yo nywreb,
You guys free this sunday to join SLCC outing?? :) or got work that day?? :(

1) Reserved
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Blitz28 said:
Yo nywreb,
You guys free this sunday to join SLCC outing?? :) or got work that day?? :(

hi blitz28

my friends have work on that day....and I have prior commitment..maybe next time.... i though it will be on the 29th May...anyway enjoy....

for this course

rgds

1) Confirmed
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Upzz for u Sifu..... ;p

nywreb said:
hi blitz28

my friends have work on that day....and I have prior commitment..maybe next time.... i though it will be on the 29th May...anyway enjoy....

for this course

rgds

Yes, actually is on 29/5, but all the sunday are buzy, that why we have to change to 22/5. So sorry! :embrass:

The Basic Photography course is designed to give participants the fundamental knowledge and skills required for their foray into the exciting world of photography. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking up photography as a hobby or even with the intention of turning pro .

1) Confirmed
2) Reserved
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Think I will attend the upcoming course :) Will pm to confirm

Klose said:
Think I will attend the upcoming course :) Will pm to confirm

Hi Klose,
You can also call Joanne @ 9858-3502 or me @ 9760-7716 to find out more about the course.

Ashleyy said:
wow! u still awake??

Upz for u & yr course!! :lovegrin:
Thanks Ashleyy !! :D

Hello Joanne,

Mervyn here leh. Who's instructing this course ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.