Slave Flash: Suitable for digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomer

Feb 4, 2002
Singapore
reverac.com
I communicated with suntax (http://www.suntax.com.sg) and they requested a custom flash for digital cameras. This is the result.

• GN 32 meters
  • Manual Override for setting flash, etc full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16... flash power -- (Can do, but need space in the body to accomodate the switch.)
  • Circuit to allow first flash to trigger timer, then second flash to trigger flash within the timing period of 120 ms.
  • Auto power sensor has only one F stop. we are looking at multiple F stop. Multiple F stop will make Item 1 redundant. It would eight this multiple F stop or multiple power level. the item 3 is more user friendly.
  • Turn/Swivel Right Left Up Down - YES
  • Mountable on cold shoe? YES
  • Does not react to red eye flash as it is very trigger together with preflash. for those with preflash, there is no need for the red eye setting in the camera.
  • Metered value compensation -- (not possible except for direct mount. currently, only Nikon model works with Coolpix, fuji, but not Nikon D1)(all other models are not there. this we call TTL?)
  • PC Sync Capable / Cord? -- not available, you need to buy from the original maker. we are seeking for this too.)
  • Zoom - YES
  • thyrister - (more advance than thyristor, thyristor is slow)
  • GN -40 is tough as it requires special reflector which currently only available on the hand mount models.
  • Uses 4 AA
  • Completed units as above will be about 120 sing. or more on open market. if the shop don't charge this as a one of a kind in the market.

It should look something like this:
132af.jpg

Anyone interested? Thinking that more orders will help drive the price down. At the same time can help fellow clubsnappers get a nice affordable slave flash. :)

More details/Ordering details:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13456

So can this be used for a Sony 707? How much is it going for so far? With so many features it's bound to cost quite a lot right?

Originally posted by qhelix
So can this be used for a Sony 707? How much is it going for so far? With so many features it's bound to cost quite a lot right?

I am ordering for this camera myself. :)

I was quoted about S$120, as stated above. Already sent a mail asking for cheaper prices if I can get more pieces at once.

Originally posted by kamwai
:rbounce: for you...look like no way they can make GN 40 and higher....

Funny thing is that they can make GN40 for a handheld one. Something about the reflector.

Originally posted by Zoomer

I am ordering for this camera myself. :)

I was quoted about S$120, as stated above. Already sent a mail asking for cheaper prices if I can get more pieces at once.
You're getting it for your Sony 707 right? If it can be a little cheaper I wouldn't mind getting one too.

You're getting it for your Sony 707 right? If it can be a little cheaper I wouldn't mind getting one too.

I'd also like it to be cheaper. Most likely more orders + a little bargaining can drive it to about $100. :)

However, I consider this a better value than the 285HV cos the 285hv cannot swivel :thumbsd:.

Can I put u on the list? :)

Originally posted by Zoomer

I'd also like it to be cheaper. Most likely more orders + a little bargaining can drive it to about $100. :)

However, I consider this a better value than the 285HV cos the 285hv cannot swivel :thumbsd:.

Can I put u on the list? :)
Sure thing, but I gotta let you know I'm in Melbourne and will only be coming back from 30th Sep to 4th Oct. After that the only time I'm coming back to Singapore will be on the 23rd Dec. Will that be a problem?

Sure thing, but I gotta let you know I'm in Melbourne and will only be coming back from 30th Sep to 4th Oct. After that the only time I'm coming back to Singapore will be on the 23rd Dec. Will that be a problem?

It should not be a problem, but I will check with the manufacturer.

Please refer to this thread I have created in Comsumers corner, technical discussions isn't exactly suitable for a mass order thread. :)

Originally posted by Digipix
So can it work with Sony 707 or not?? :dunno:

Can! It senses for the second flash, I am ordering for this very camera!

Please check the MO thread in consumers corner. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.