[SkyStrike] Makan anywhere

You should keep an eye on the white balance, most of the photos have a warm orange color cast.

You should keep an eye on the white balance, most of the photos have a warm orange color cast.

Hi Fireemblem, most of the shots were also done in restaurant kinda lighting where the lights are kinda orangy. Did adjusted the temperature to be abit "cooler", but I kinda like alittle warm orange cast...but seems like it don't seem to be well received...

Will take note in the future.

Thanks for dropping by!

Hey the latest 3 photos looks much better.

Well maybe it is just my point of view. Normally just referring to evaluation of food itself, in chinese there is often used term Se Xiang Wei Ju Quan aka Color Fragrance Taste, all these 3 factors are present. Color is a vital factor of a person's first impression. So if the color is good, it makes the food looks tasty.

Having even a slight warm orangery color tone overpowering the real color take away a part of the food impression and reduces the overall contrast of the photo. With the correct color and vibrancy, it makes the food looks much more inviting (the latest 3 photos have this factor).

Hey the latest 3 photos looks much better.

Well maybe it is just my point of view. Normally just referring to evaluation of food itself, in chinese there is often used term Se Xiang Wei Ju Quan aka Color Fragrance Taste, all these 3 factors are present. Color is a vital factor of a person's first impression. So if the color is good, it makes the food looks tasty.

Having even a slight warm orangery color tone overpowering the real color take away a part of the food impression and reduces the overall contrast of the photo. With the correct color and vibrancy, it makes the food looks much more inviting (the latest 3 photos have this factor).

many thanks for the pointers! Will take note of this the next time I shoot :)

The last 3 are shot under white florescent lights, much easier to correct WB :)

Hi Skystrike, as Fireemblem have mentioned most your photos need to correct the wb.
I like your #4 Green tea photo. Very nice hehe

The last 3 photos very nice also. from Sweetest Moment Full Month Cake Package?

Hi Skystrike, as Fireemblem have mentioned most your photos need to correct the wb.
I like your #4 Green tea photo. Very nice hehe

The last 3 photos very nice also. from Sweetest Moment Full Month Cake Package?

Thanks..will try to take note more of the WB during PP. I've still got a way to go to understand what viewers see as yummy & pleasing..

ya, last 3 are from the sweetest moment full month cake package (not for my kid, but my nephew's full month)

SkyStrike said:
Thanks..will try to take note more of the WB during PP. I've still got a way to go to understand what viewers see as yummy & pleasing..

ya, last 3 are from the sweetest moment full month cake package (not for my kid, but my nephew's full month)

I'm also trying to find out how to take a drooling looking photo hahaa hope to see more of your photo soon !!!

Try to pay attention to the DOF too, try to keep your subject in focus. For example

6317073762_abd95d3bc4_z.jpg

It looks weird that part of the rice is OOF while the other parts are in focus. It would look more pleasing if the subject is clear:)

i dun know anything about food photography so i comment from a layman's point of view hahaha...

I like 17 as in it is the photo that the subject kinda pops up and says "come and bite me" or something haha.. like you wish to grab the middle chocolate one
with the the word milk on it ....

6 i would like if the tamago sushi a bit more yellow ... and #11 if the dumplings look a bit more oily or something.. dun know how to describe haha ...

I'm also trying to find out how to take a drooling looking photo hahaa hope to see more of your photo soon !!!

I'm trying to control my diet abit, so I think not so much food pics coming up within the week..

Try to pay attention to the DOF too, try to keep your subject in focus. For example

6317073762_abd95d3bc4_z.jpg

It looks weird that part of the rice is OOF while the other parts are in focus. It would look more pleasing if the subject is clear:)

hmm, that's true....Will take note of it more...

i dun know anything about food photography so i comment from a layman's point of view hahaha...

I like 17 as in it is the photo that the subject kinda pops up and says "come and bite me" or something haha.. like you wish to grab the middle chocolate one
with the the word milk on it ....

6 i would like if the tamago sushi a bit more yellow ... and #11 if the dumplings look a bit more oily or something.. dun know how to describe haha ...

Seems like only the last 3 make it to viewer's eye....but still glad you like #17.

White-Balancing is really an art (at least to me)...Over abit too warm (orangy), abit little (too blue)...Need to also train my eyes during PP..

Thanks for viewing!

Long time nv go makan trip.....2 more to the addition...

After eating so many sinful (幸福,Happy) stuffs, how about some healthy snacks?

nice high speed capture of that cherry tomatoes you have there... :D

i doubt my current camera and lens can do that...

regards,
wacky

nice high speed capture of that cherry tomatoes you have there... :D

i doubt my current camera and lens can do that...

regards,
wacky
Hi Wacky, thanks for dropping by...but it's not the lens you should really focus here....I took this shot with the "kit" EF-S 55-250. What's important here is "Light". I used an external flash to help me gain that extra light required to capture this moment.

Exif of photo as follows....
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250) (This is the fastest my flash can allow me to hit..)
Aperture: f/11.0 (I'm using aperture to control the amount of light...cos even with the flash and other parameters at min, there was still too much light.)
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 100

OTOH, If you are using a 18-55, the only thing you should look out for is the splash....it can wet your front element as the distance you will be at will be near it's min focusing distance of abt 20++cm.

Hope this helps.

Regards.