Skyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

decennia

Sep 12, 2008
Singapore, Serangoon
mel_bday_celebration_189.jpg

Hey. First time posting. i took this pic from the singapore flyer with ISO 1600 and shutter speed 1/80. im seeking critiques regarding any aspect that might need any improvement on be it composition etc. Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
the buildings looks way underexposed.... I would up the exposure a bit to show more details...

Maybe you can post a photo of medium sized / 500pixels wide at least?

i would agree with cheguthamrin that it would be better if u could post a bigger pic....
so it will be easier to comment... :)

underexposed. unless u want us to focus just on the sky, then the foreground is taking too much space in your photo. the sky doesnt seems so bright that your building should be underexposed, be it delibrately or not. i would suggest that you use a tripod next time to do a longer exposure shot, or, hype up your exposure.

Not sure if they allow tripod on top of the flyer but you can try to press the lens against the window to minimize glare as well as acting as a support. Try a lower iso and longer shutter speed. Shoot RAW so you can adjust the exposure in post or even do a HDR.

my bad, i didnt see that you're in s'pore flyer. yeah i agree with m3lv1nh0, shoot raw !

Not sure if they allow tripod on top of the flyer but you can try to press the lens against the window to minimize glare as well as acting as a support. Try a lower iso and longer shutter speed. Shoot RAW so you can adjust the exposure in post or even do a HDR.

oh they do allow tripods...took a couple with tripods....and thxs for the tips. mrc0w too :)

i dunno.
this picture looks 'unbalanced' to me.
maybe it's due to the sunset on the right and emptiness on the left.
i can see noise...
and also notice it's a lil' tilted.

Hey back.
Sunset shots are magnificent, if the focus on sunsets and the cloud formations. With the syline, its obvious that they will become silhouette, thus making it uninteresting, unless there are lots of lights within the building itself. What you have captured here is neither of both. Not even the reflection on the river. Thats the missing factor from my POV.

Try doing a HDR :) I do feel that the buildings on the foreground are underexposed, i'm sure the details of the buildings would contribute to the scene positively. :)
Seems like you shot this through a window with polarizer, noticed some reflections near the top center area of the image, care to share the location? Thanks

Last edited:
Would a tripod work in this case since the flyer is constantly moving. I would think not.

If you're using an IS/VR lens, try 1/30sec, ISO 1600, F5.6 +3EV. Matrix metering.

Would a tripod work in this case since the flyer is constantly moving. I would think not.

If you're using an IS/VR lens, try 1/30sec, ISO 1600, F5.6 +3EV. Matrix metering.

Now that you've mentioned the flyer, why didn't i think of that :embrass:
Missed the part under the picture where the TS mentioned the SG flyer.

Does the flyer rotates constanstly or does it move alittle every few secs? Not sure cause I have never been there.

pardon me if im wrong but... well the flyer moves really slow... so i guess a tripod would work... not sure if im right tho.

If you look at the sky itself, it is beautiful no doubt. But because there are buildings in the picture and it looks underexposed. It makes your picture look rather weird, but I like the view you are trying to capture. Just wrong timing :p

pardon me if im wrong but... well the flyer moves really slow... so i guess a tripod would work... not sure if im right tho.

A handheld camera at 1/30 would turn out soft if the right techniques are not applied. What more a moving capsule?

Status
Not open for further replies.