Skin tone too yellowish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira Fudou

May 24, 2005
Woodlands
I like to seek opinion on whether the skintones are too yellowish. They actually look ok to me. Hope i do not need to calibarate my eyes

3933875088_408dc54a00.jpg

3932507607_d445d1c61a.jpg

3933092583_af540cb2ef.jpg

3933662991_2048f47c61.jpg

3934450162_021549dcc4.jpg

Yes, too yellowing for me :)

Too yellowish, they look like they have a liver disease. :p

U have to adjust the tone and saturation setting when u shoot indoors.

For optimum sunlight outdoor, u wont have this issue

I thought just need to adjust the White balance. The black and the white cars are both abit yellowish. Just change the WB abit should fix it. Personally i like abit of yellowish tone but not too much

Before shoot, adjust white balance in camera.

After shoot, Adjust white balance in PP. Issue will be solved. Or alternatively, if you want to keep the warm background, in PP, reduce the saturation of the yellow and/or orange channel.

I like to seek opinion on whether the skintones are too yellowish. They actually look ok to me. Hope i do not need to calibarate my eyes

3933875088_408dc54a00.jpg

QUOTE]

If I'm not wrong, your 1st pic is shot using the 50mm f1.8...If u are shooting portrait that will literally fill up your screen (eg half-body or neck-to-face shoot) and u are using "Single point" or "Dynamic area" on AF-area mode, as well u are using "Normal zone" on "Center focus point" mode, then be careful that your "Center-weighted area" do not set too small (eg. 6mm diameter) else your subject of the four corner will be blur.
To overcome this, set your "Center-weighted area" to 10mm diameter under the "Metering/exposure" control custom setting...this will tell the camera to have a more wider area of center-focus point (vs 6mm diameter where center-focus area is smaller, hence subject of the four corner will be blur).

Are u using pop-up flash with "orange" diffuser?
One way to test your surrounding exposure against human skin-tone is to set your Picture Control to "Neutral", Image quality to "Fine", Active D-Lighting to "Off", Color space to "sRGB", Whilte Balance to "4170 K"(under Choose color temp.).
All these parameters can be set under "Shooting Menu". White Balance "4170 K" will give u the normal lighting skin-tone that we see with our eyes...however, this setting must compliment with rest of the parameters setting mention above.

If u find the surrounding exposure having too much amber lighting, using the White Balance "4170 K" as a bendmark, u can tone down the color by reducing the White Balance "K" to 3700 K or 3570 K,etc. Basically, the lower the value of the White Balance is the cooler the skin-tone will be...subsequently the higher the value of the White Balance the "warmer" or more yellowish/orange the skin-tone will be.

If u are using flashgun or pop-up flash, set your White Balance no less than "5000 K" value.
Hope this help...

Cheers^^

Thank you alot guys for the tips and advice ;)
The following pic on the left is straight from camera no pp done. Im comparing with the one with pp.
Hows the colour?? If this is ok that means i over pp for the right one.

3940669526_a9546e756d.jpg
3932507607_d445d1c61a.jpg

Last edited:
Before shoot, adjust white balance in camera.

After shoot, Adjust white balance in PP. Issue will be solved. Or alternatively, if you want to keep the warm background, in PP, reduce the saturation of the yellow and/or orange channel.

Im shooting RAW, and my WB set to auto. Check with the other WB settings during PP i find that auto one is the best. My pp software cant really let me have a lot of controls.
Thanks for the advise

I thought just need to adjust the White balance. The black and the white cars are both abit yellowish. Just change the WB abit should fix it. Personally i like abit of yellowish tone but not too much

Seriously, only pic 2 and 3 looks a bit over yellow for me. The rest looks ok. Thats y i think there must be something wrong with me since everyone is pointing to the same direction

U have to adjust the tone and saturation setting when u shoot indoors.

For optimum sunlight outdoor, u wont have this issue

Im actually shooting in RAW so i didnt really set anything in the camera. Mostly pp done.

Im shooting RAW, and my WB set to auto. Check with the other WB settings during PP i find that auto one is the best. My pp software cant really let me have a lot of controls.
Thanks for the advise

Which PP software are you using? PS and LR allows for extensive WB tweaking.

3934450162_021549dcc4.jpg

Skintone looks ok in this image.

:thumbsd: for ugly bokeh... too many "circles" of reflected light on the Audi (i think) in the background. Flare on the model's torso and left forearm...

Which one is better?

3942119518_53305c0848.jpg
3941192451_c09daf5664.jpg

Last edited:
Left one like a corpse.
Right one is slightly too yellow. Still acceptable in my eyes.

ok good. Im very worry that someone will point that pic 1 is the better one...
i think i need to reduce the saturation on pic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.