Skin Improvement Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffp

May 14, 2004
Siglap
Hi,

I'm using Elements 4. Can anyone can guide me thru the steps to improve the skin of photographic subjects? Not the clearing of individual blemishes with the clone/heal tool but to give the subject a new, smoother skin. Many (most nowadays) photos in magazines have people with perfect skin.

I'm open to taking lessons, too.

Thanks.

I am using CS2.
What I can do and the fastest is to duplicate layers.
Then do a blur on the duplicate blur, set opacity to 35.
Gives you a soften effect, like using a soften filter.
Most blemish n marks are gone.

Hi,
Thanks bwilly. I will try out.

Thanks clockunder. I've tried to do the Mizuno technique in Elements, but get stuck at Step 5 - layer mask. Somehow can't get it to fill black as instructed. But thanks again. I will pursue further.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks clockunder. I've tried to do the Mizuno technique in Elements, but get stuck at Step 5 - layer mask. Somehow can't get it to fill black as instructed. But thanks again. I will pursue further.

Cheers.

Make sure you have selected not only the correct layer (i.e. the adjustment layer) but also the mask (by clicking onto the right side small rectangle on the adjustment layer in the palette).

In CS 2, for layer mask, can straight away use Layer/layer mask/hide all.

Hi,

Cheers.

Hi Geoff ...

Maybe you need to go to the colour palette to select "Black" as your foreground colour before doing the fill ... OTherwise it may take "white" as the default and prob that's why you are not getting the fill with black.

Just a thot ... Hope it helps.

Hi Raymond,

Yup that was precisely it. There were 2 problems, really. 1) Elements does not have Layer Mask and you must get it as a plug in. 2) Yup need to fill as you note.

A kind colleague here at the office took me through the Mizuno tutorial, plus some other methods to achieve similar.

But thanks, all here who responded to help.

Geoff

I am using CS2.
What I can do and the fastest is to duplicate layers.
Then do a blur on the duplicate blur, set opacity to 35.
Gives you a soften effect, like using a soften filter.
Most blemish n marks are gone.
Similar method:
I used gaussian blur on the duplicated layer, then adjust opacity... Used eraser to erase the eyes on the DUPLICATED layer... So that the eyes will look sharp (original pic below the duplicated layer) ;)

Hi Youhong,

I tried the "Mizuno's Super Airbrush PP Tutorial using CS 2" and was puzzled why the eye become soft even after we masked the duplicate layer.....any idea why?

But I am sure your erasing method has given me an idea to solve the prob.:thumbsup: Thanks.

Similar method:
I used gaussian blur on the duplicated layer, then adjust opacity... Used eraser to erase the eyes on the DUPLICATED layer... So that the eyes will look sharp (original pic below the duplicated layer) ;)

Hi Youhong,

I tried the "Mizuno's Super Airbrush PP Tutorial using CS 2" and was puzzled why the eye become soft even after we masked the duplicate layer.....any idea why?

But I am sure your erasing method has given me an idea to solve the prob.:thumbsup: Thanks.
Welcome... ;) Unfortunately, I don't know wat CS 2 have too offer... but I know CS 2 got more tools than Photoshop 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.