Skate Park at Somerset MRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleslim

Oct 27, 2005
singapore
www.seastories.sg
stefen.jpg

Went down to the skate park again and got some shots of a skinny Aussie kid skating very well to my surpise!
Man this kid should be sponsored!

wow nice shot. makes me feel like skating again :(

wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nice take la..... pro... weee u weeeett :thumbsup:

just my 2 sense worth.

if you are confident, you can actually put on a pair of skates and "pace" you subject on. that way you can pan more readily and easily. If in low light you can use a slave to freeze the image.

Something like this, i rolled beside the fella.

brianbstan4di.jpg

Also don't forget to ask them what they are going to do, aka transfers, gaps or even basic grinds/stalls.

By knowing what they do, it's better to get a great angle.

AKA if he's going for a 1/4 to 1/'4 transfer over the bank, it'll be great to position yourself just in front of the bank preferably with a fisheye (preference) to make the shot.

going under low isn't always the best option as sometimes the angle takes out the complexity/agility that the athlete is trying to demonstrate.

A pop Shuvit i believe is best taken from the front, and a kick/heel flip from the side.

again, just my 2 cents worth.

check out

http://omocomo.net/

Wah Sibei Cheem! Better go read up on all these moves. Study.
Going on skates? For video it would be great. HIGHSPEED cam! Got budget I would do this again!
http://www.seastories.sg/feedme/cilents/slideshow/gallery/skimout/large/video.html
Hey, I got a couple of shots of this dude too! MR Roco.:cheergal:
Yes I agree that slave is good idea,perhaps it's time to bring in the strobes.
also - nice magazine - nice pictures! can make a magazine like this? - I have only shot 2 inline photo that I am happy with.
jatt.jpg

Man this mama is good!
http://www.scottpommier.com/portfolio03.html
This is my target!
freaking 6 lights and meduim format(Leafshutter faster X-sych)- Shot is super super sharp all the way through.No motion blur or double image, which is common with 1/250 x-sych
Wonder if my 1dsmark2 can acheieve this? Any advise on it?

hey charles,

Jatt and Dil are famous for their trade mark moves...
get them to do it for the camera..
they are VERY professional and will most probably oblige if they are up to it.

Jatt: Misty Flip... it's an insane trick
Dil: Forward flip over the box.

and if you manage to grab hold of Faz, a dude who skates with them..
he can land anything first try.

the temptation was too much - I got myself a strobe to fill these buggers up - but I got a feeling 1/250 synch is not going to heck it
_j9n0056.jpg

_j9n0095.jpg

The one strobe is giving me nice coverage and power, but blurring is still ocurring.

I heard that the D70 can handle x sych faster than 1/250 ---- it goes 1/500! that's twice the x sych speed
Is that true?

If so - I would love to give it a spin.

sehsuan said:
I would doubt so. He's using remote flashes via his D70(s?) as far as I understand.

speaking of remote flashes, some of my older pics using slaves.

charleslim said:

Magazine quality pic.

and the curb behind.. SEN, does it stand for StreetEntertainmentnews.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.