size of pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

maswu

Jun 16, 2008
Singapore, Balestier
www.flickr.com
hi, i dunno if i'm posting in the correct place but i juz wanna check...

im using a 40d and i set my picture format to be large fine. its in the 10 megapixel zone but all the pics that i take is on average about 2.5mb..is this normal? i'm assuming raw format will be about 6mb on average rite?

You have probably set your camera to take sRAW instead of the full-size RAW file.

Large Fine is still JPEG, raw is raw...

hi, i dunno if i'm posting in the correct place but i juz wanna check...

im using a 40d and i set my picture format to be large fine. its in the 10 megapixel zone but all the pics that i take is on average about 2.5mb..is this normal? i'm assuming raw format will be about 6mb on average rite?

RAW for 40D should be around 10MB. What is your file extension? How are you transferring the files to the PC?

Other than looking to see if you're shooting sRAW (I think not - that's too small for sRAW) or JPEG (more likely), something else you should know is that you cannot shoot RAW in basic mode (green square and the sports / landscape / portrait modes).

srry i juz checked my pics size again and on average each pic is about 3.5 - 4mb..so i guess this is normal? I'm using Large Fine format and not sRAW format..and i trasfer my pics straight from my camera to my pc thru the usb cable. TIA for all who post here..

oh and the file extension is in jpeg...i tink thats what file extension means rite? and I have been using Manual mode always..

That's still JPEg, not RAW. Are you specifically looking to get RAW files?

nono...i'm not looking to get RAW...I just wanna ask if its normal for a pic to be about 3.5mb when i use Large Fine format which is in jpeg, on my dslr.

nono...i'm not looking to get RAW...I just wanna ask if its normal for a pic to be about 3.5mb when i use Large Fine format which is in jpeg, on my dslr.

Yes it is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.