Status
Not open for further replies.

iltriumph

Feb 23, 2005
Saigon, Vietnam
www.vietnam720.com
Guys,

I'm using a D80, 10mb with a max size of 3872 x 2592. My question is this:

When I shoot an image in RAW, it gives me 9mb+ in size. But when I save it as .tiff, it ended up giving me 28mb+,

a) how come it ended up being bigger than the camera's max of 10mb?

b) and why is it that the image size still remains at 3872 x 2592 even after it became so big in size?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Guys,

I'm using a D80, 10mb with a max size of 3872 x 2592. My question is this:

When I shoot an image in RAW, it gives me 9mb+ in size. But when I save it as .tiff, it ended up giving me 28mb+,

a) how come it ended up being bigger than the camera's max of 10mb?

b) and why is it that the image size still remains at 3872 x 2592 even after it became so big in size?

Thank you in advance for answering.

You need to read up a bit more on image formats and image compression. For example, if you save it as JPEG, it could be 900kb to 3MB, depending on compression quality... But still be 3872 x 2592.

RAW, TIFF and JPEG are all different file formats. Try a little online research.

D80 is 10MP DSLR, 10 Mega Pixel, 3872 pixel x 2592 pixel= 10,036,224 pixel

yes, the file size of tiff file is larger than Raw file, and the file size of Raw file is larger then Jpg, even all are having the same image size.

Dear guys,

Thank you. Yes, a mistake on my part. Meant to say that the D80 is a 10PM camera, which is when I don't undertand how come a 10PM camera ended up with a 28mb photo.

Dear guys,

Thank you. Yes, a mistake on my part. Meant to say that the D80 is a 10PM camera, which is when I don't undertand how come a 10PM camera ended up with a 28mb photo.

It's MP & not PM.... depend on the photo the size is always different... to learn more about TIF you can check the wiki:)

Dear guys,

Like I said, try to read up on what TIFF is, and you'll understand why it's so large.

And it's MP, not PM.

PM = Prime Minister or Private Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.