size for printing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi~ET

Dec 2, 2002
SG
www.digiet.net
er.....wondering If I am going to print my pics.....should I resize it????

if yes...what size should it be?

there's no need to resize when you send to the shops. you might, however, want to crop your pics to be the same ratio as the actual photo paper (e.g. 3:2 for a 4R).

erm...? if u crop it then the picture i framed correctly won't be the same rite...but if i re-sized it then the pict will be stretched...*headache leh :eek:

check previous postings. digital cameras generally take pics at 4:3 ratio. if you print 4R size (3:2 ratio), the top and bottom will be cutoff. Rather than leaving to the shop to do the arbitrary cutting off, you might want to do it yourself. Search previous postings for more information.

Originally posted by Horus
erm...? if u crop it then the picture i framed correctly won't be the same rite...but if i re-sized it then the pict will be stretched...*headache leh :eek:

You may want to try "Fit-In" for developing, that will create borders on both side but at least most of it will be in there.

always leave some allowance for the top n bottom when u shoot if you wanna develop into 4R. it's also a good idea to make u buy the 1Ds cos it's full frame.

ic...thankx to all^^

so...er.....anyone any idea where to get cheap cf reader?
and how much is might be?

er.....so far i know that a 2MP camera is best to print at biggest size of 4r.....but...anyone tried to print at a bigger size?

cos...got some group photos which i would like to stick in my room.....but 4r like too small.....wondering...any bigger size advised?

Contrary to what camera makers like to tell you, 1600 x 1200 (2megapixel) is enough for up to an 8R/A4 print. Trust me. I have done it over 3 years, print dunno how many 8R from my 3 year old Coolpix 950 already.

In 1999, they tell you 2 megapixel can print 8R.
In 2000, they still tell you 2 megapixel can print 8R.

Dunno what they tell you now, I think it's just "can print big".

:D

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.