Size does matter?

Mind lugging a big n heavy camera ard?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Wanna know how you guys feel about lugging a big and heavy camera around... personally I like heavy and big cameras so it's not a problem for me ;)

It depends on the situation too..

Imagine you are on a photoshoot to someplace...of course you won't mind.

However, imaging that you are going out with friends/girlfriend. Don't think you'll want to lug around your 2kg of stuff.

Given two pieces of equipment that are functionally equivalent and of comparable quality, I would definitely pick the lighter/smaller one. However, this is a secondary consideration; the main thing is always having the right tool for the job, and sometimes that may leave us with no choice but to lug around some pretty hefty stuff.

2kg.... that is light!

my typical setup
body - 700g
28-70 - 500g
80-200 - 1kg
20-35 - 600g
flash - 500g
bag - 1kg
batteries, pen, notepad, film...... another 500g

all in all around 4kg already!! :(

Size of the.....grip does matter. A camera that is too small would require finger acrobatics just to access some common functions. A larger grip with more direct access functions helps a lot. A firm grip on the camera makes lugging it around much more enjoyable as well.:)

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Size of the.....grip does matter. A camera that is too small would require finger acrobatics just to access some common functions. A larger grip with more direct access functions helps a lot. A firm grip on the camera makes lugging it around much more enjoyable as well.:)

Yeah I agree! ;)

Wah so far quite the same...my camera just became heavier due to addition of data back... think my camera bag is at least 8kg now... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.