Size does matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtong

May 8, 2002
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
Anyone want to share your experience...

If I want to develope a 4R print. Is it ok to send the lab 4MP size file (i.e. 2400 x 1600) or a 2MP file (1800 x 1200) whixh is recommeded size for 4R? Is it over kill? Does bigger size makes a good picture? Please advise.:(

I don't think sending 4MP or 1.3MP would make a difference if you are only printing 4R. It would be a different story if you want to print sizes bigger than 4R.

Originally posted by jimtong
If I want to develope a 4R print. Is it ok to send the lab 4MP size file (i.e. 2400 x 1600) or a 2MP file (1800 x 1200) whixh is recommeded size for 4R? Is it over kill? Does bigger size makes a good picture? Please advise.:(
Just use the larger file to maximise the potential resolution (ppi) of the output print, but it is of course true that the printing equipment may not be able to make full use of all the data available in the print. That's for the lab to worry about, though, so unless space constraints are a concern I would just give them the largest possible (non-interpolated) image available.

But be prepared to get your ass kicked :) by sometimes irate shop owners who complain your files take too long to open.

Once sent a 72MB TIFF file... :cool:

Originally posted by Lennier
But be prepared to get your ass kicked :) by sometimes irate shop owners who complain your files take too long to open.

That is too much :) They should charge you more :D

Originally posted by Lennier

Wah then you using MD? If not how to store many pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.