Sitting on the can (follow up to Drip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
I was sitting on the can, pondering the technicalities of improving my other thread 'Drip'. Looking for some inspiration I found it right in front of me. Love to hear your thoughts on this picture especially about the PS treatment. Thanks!

sitting-on-the-can.jpg

Could you explain how this image ties in with your previous drip image?

Not much link except that, like I said, I got the inspiration to shoot this while thinking about the other shot. And they're both in the same bathroom/washroom/wc/toilet - however you want to call it.

might look better if the perspective was corrected.

I really like this shot. It's simple, and the colors contrast perfectly with the lock or whatever that thing is. Very clean and conceptual. Brilliant! :)

Clown: Right. Got to learn how to do that in PS. Also, is this the result of a less-than ideal focal length or did I shoot from a wrong angle?

paxluv: Thanks! Your comments are always so positive and encouraging. Yes, it is a lock on a sliding door.

eel said:
Not much link except that, like I said, I got the inspiration to shoot this while thinking about the other shot. And they're both in the same bathroom/washroom/wc/toilet - however you want to call it.

oh. i thought there was some deeper meaning.

i don't really agree with the amount of empty space. maybe try some other ratio, eg. pano/square.

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not so 'cheem' wan:bsmilie:

I'm keeping the cropping on this one as it is. Only wish the extreme left bar had a little bit more texture or was a slightly different colour.

I stole this photo as my desktop background now. :)

Thanks! I'm very honoured. Now I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.