Sitex Show 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you think will those 8gb SD cards cost? I wanna get it for my 450D. Is there 16gb SD?? HAHA

How much do you think will those 8gb SD cards cost? I wanna get it for my 450D. Is there 16gb SD?? HAHA

Yes there is already a 16GB SD card in the market by Sandisk. It's the Extreme III SDHC card with 30mb/s writing speed. Bought it last month for my Leica M8, for around $190.

Any idea how to get a job in SITEX?

Confirm I'm going to Sitex.... Like to walk around to check out good deals when it's not that crowded!

Think Apple will sell its new line of Macbooks/MBPs at some sorta promotion package? Tempting :p

I think they will throw in extended warrenty... apple care. cost ard $400?

Yes there is already a 16GB SD card in the market by Sandisk. It's the Extreme III SDHC card with 30mb/s writing speed. Bought it last month for my Leica M8, for around $190.

from my own experience in the sales, it's gonna be looking good on the prices i foresee. like +/-15 bucks less i guess.

new larger capacities are always coming on and surfacing. :)

What else do you guys think is worth taking a look ? LCD monitors ? HDDs ? Apart from memory cards I mean.....

Cant wait for Sitex to come.. need to get me-self CF cards and a card reader.

need another laptop for kids...8g flash card x 1 and a backup HDD....sianz...money out again

will it be cheaper to buy DSLR from Sitex or buy from elsewhere? :confused:

will it be cheaper to buy DSLR from Sitex or buy from elsewhere? :confused:

To me I would say why nt wait for Sitex see wat offer dey give & den compare to elsewhere & fr der U decide where U wanted to buy,my fri. :D< hee..

I feel that recently, the prices of DSLRs sold at Comex or any kinda pc shows isn't as attractive when compared to outside shops. The only perk is that you'll get loads of freebies. That's abt it.

Anyone here feels the same?

To me I would say why nt wait for Sitex see wat offer dey give & den compare to elsewhere & fr der U decide where U wanted to buy,my fri. :D< hee..

Well, IMHO , the prices at SITEX or shows will not be better as the offer from the distributors to the shops and the shops participating at the shows are the same. This means the freebies and packages are similar, but the shops who participate in the shows have additional overheads to bear (Show stall space) and this sometimes is substantial. To defray the costs, they cannot lower the cost to the same extent as the other shops, unless they move volume. This is generally true for the photography high end camera stuff..... for the lower end pns cams, TVs , computers, LCDs etc.... there seems to be some savings as people move volume to compensate for the costs.

I normally see Harvey Norman, Best, mebbe Parisilk etc (Parisilk displays fridges and washing machines anyways) participating, but there's never been a case where the prices are better per se. "Better" or more freebies perhaps..... but I bot my first DSLR at a show. NEVER AGAIN! Wonder why Alan Photo, John, Orient etc dont bother to participate ? Ha....

Anyways, I got this from one of the shops in Funan. They don't participate cos the volume doesnt justify it and the smart shoppers simply go straight to the Funan shops and ask for the Show prices and packages and still get a better price.

So...... SITEX may be a waste of time if you're shooting for that DSLR...

Oh I see. Okays! Thanks dudes! I'm a newbie and want to get a DSLR so I don't wish to get "chop". Haha ;p

What about offers by Starhub and Singtel on their broadband services.

I got my free Compaq notebook from Starhub 2years ago. Hope that this time, get something better or at least similar. Or, this time, they might be offering those tiny 19inch notebook. IMO, the notebook offer is the most useful.

Anyone can give advice on what to look out for in buying LCD TV? I getting one for my room during sitex. Think the best 2 brands to me are Samsung and Sony. At best denki, both brands' 26" cost $899 while 32" for other brands like Hitachi...Sharp and LG can be bought at $999($100 difference).....abit lost at should I be gg for the brand or pay abit more for the bigger screen size :eek::dunno:

Any idea how to get a job in SITEX?
If interested for Sitex then Walk In Interview :
SimLim Square , 1 Rochor Canal Rd
#04-59 , Look For Aloysius .....
Tel:63382883

Age 16 Or Above....Male/Female....
Working Hrs 1030Hrs - 2130Hrs (Last Day Will Be Later)

need about 17 more people for various deployments. If picked then will get a call or sms.
Must able to work all 4 days. Ask about pay on the one who do the interview.

Some IT knowledge is handy to have but sales experience is a must have.

Last edited:
Anyone can give advice on what to look out for in buying LCD TV? I getting one for my room during sitex. Think the best 2 brands to me are Samsung and Sony. At best denki, both brands' 26" cost $899 while 32" for other brands like Hitachi...Sharp and LG can be bought at $999($100 difference).....abit lost at should I be gg for the brand or pay abit more for the bigger screen size :eek::dunno:

For the show, try getting it on the Sunday after 5pm for the good deal or display sets that were opened a day ago that kind of thing. Those will be the best discount. If u r particular abt brand or model, best to get from the stores like Everjoint Trading, Lucky Store, Parisilk etc.... compare prices before you do though....

I'd go for the one I like at a slightly bigger than I need kinda size.... But that's just me.....

depends what you are looking for....i prefer picture quality more then the technology so my LCD TV must be IPS panel at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.