Sitex IT fair

Just visit bootstrike.com, offers for nikon D3100 is way over recomended store, i feel much like being cheated for over than $100.

You can compare to previous Comex, D300s, same price, but at Comex, they give a "free" dry cabinet, for $2488, at AP site sell at $2099
NIKON COMEX D300S NIKON SITEX D300S

i'm planning to go to funan to get D3100 this weekend for my first DSLR.
What other accesorries i'd need to get, any recommended brand and type for beginner, i'm using this to take "we was here" picture. And a secondary lens only after i had budget like next July

1. dry cabinet 40L, a must
2. lens filter, what type? i read that this is to protect my lens?
3. a tripod, so i can take my own "i was here" picture

4. do i need LCD screen protector ?
5. do i need cleaning kit ?

You don't necessarily need a filter for protection, lens hoods will do fine as well, its up to personal preference.

LCD protectors are good, i have prevent many scratches to my LCD because i use a screen protector, you can use the hard cover kind or the stick on kind, i personally prefer the hard cover.

For cleaning kit, you can get a lens pen and a good micro fibre cloth, should be enough in most situations.

It is a good time to try out those gears that you don't have chance to touch and fiddles in shop. ;p

When and where is it going to be held?

EDIT: Just googled it, got my answer.

Guys, any idea what time it's going to be? I cannot find it on the SITEX website.

Guys, any idea what time it's going to be? I cannot find it on the SITEX website.
Upper right corner. Get some specs, otherwise you will complain that all your pics are out of focus :)

Upper right corner. Get some specs, otherwise you will complain that all your pics are out of focus :)

Got the time. :) Thanks.

Octarine, what do you mean by 'Get some specs, otherwise you will complain that all your pics are out of focus'?

Just came back from Sitex, nothing much and so many poeple
i think it show good for printer,LCD,DVD player,Laptop, computer mouse and other computer part, pc game and mem card. they alway give good price fro printer and LCD and laptop :)

The Nikon booth have a few D3s on display, can go and molest it all you want:bsmilie:

The Nikon booth have a few D3s on display, can go and molest it all you want:bsmilie:

:thumbsup: i also molest the D700 almost make me change brand there :bsmilie:

in the end i only got 12 piece of recyclo AA battery for S$32 and a card reader, really a good deal

PS: canon booth is so crowded that i even have to shout to the sales to toss me the brochure, sigh what's with people and canon and IT fair i really dun get the chemistry there :bsmilie:

Last edited:
anybody got the Transcend 133x CF cards?

:thumbsup: i also molest the D700 almost make me change brand there :bsmilie:

in the end i only got 12 piece of recyclo AA battery for S$32 and a card reader, really a good deal

PS: canon booth is so crowded that i even have to shout to the sales to toss me the brochure, sigh what's with people and canon and IT fair i really dun get the chemistry there :bsmilie:

Yes, the Canon booths are ridiculously crowded, sales people there don't even have to attract the customers. Its like bees to honey:bsmilie: The Nikon one is a lot less crowded but then, more time and space for molesting equipment:D

Most freebies are not useful. (At least to me)
Price is also not that spectacular which it comes to camera or lens.

Was at the Sitex Fair yesterday, almost got the D550 lucky being warn by the good bros here about it, and also because it is too crowded to really ask question.

Today just went down to Alan Photo Trading @ Sim Lim Square cause recommended by my wife, got myself the Canon 550D Kit II with the standard freebie, Hoyo UV Filter, Digi-Cabi 30L for 1600+/- and beg for a free cleaning kit. I think it is a ok deal, sorry i can only give the round off price.

Btw is the complementary training by Canon any good?

Thanks to the bros here if not i kana carrot.

Was at the Sitex Fair yesterday, almost got the D550 lucky being warn by the good bros here about it, and also because it is too crowded to really ask question.

Today just went down to Alan Photo Trading @ Sim Lim Square cause recommended by my wife, got myself the Canon 550D Kit II with the standard freebie, Hoyo UV Filter, Digi-Cabi 30L for 1600+/- and beg for a free cleaning kit. I think it is a ok deal, sorry i can only give the round off price.

If you are a newbie, its good for you. However if you are already familiar with the basic function and operations of the camera (ISO, shutter speed, aperture, crop factor etc etc...) then you might not gain as much from the course.

1600? Meh. I would not have paid that much for a 550D. But if you like it, go ahead, enjoy your camera.

anybody got the Transcend 133x CF cards?

Ugh. Why waste money on cards like that? It's just shops using Sitex to clear stock to suckers.