Sitex IT fair

tayhm

Nov 4, 2010
The sitex IT fair is coming~! Arent you excited?;)

ITS FROM 25TH TO 28TH NOV. EXCITED PEOPLE? :)

Wonder when i can get the price list, cant seem to find it. Maybe its too early. Do update on what you know about this fair :D

ITS FROM 25TH TO 28TH NOV. EXCITED PEOPLE? :)

Wonder when i can get the price list, cant seem to find it. Maybe its too early. Do update on what you know about this fair :D

No... not excited. SITEX is one of the worst place to get a camera.

4 times a year we get this rubbish IT fairs. Bad place to get a camera, and the price lists will be posted on HWZ and VRZ.

No... not excited. SITEX is one of the worst place to get a camera.

Why is Sitex a bad place to purchase cameras? I always thought that IT Fairs were the best place to get cameras cuz of the possibility of a discount AND the freebies that comes along with the purchase.

May I know where would you recommend me to get my camera, if not at the IT Fair? Thanks!

Good place to buy LCD/LED TVs:bsmilie:

Why is Sitex a bad place to purchase cameras? I always thought that IT Fairs were the best place to get cameras cuz of the possibility of a discount AND the freebies that comes along with the purchase.

May I know where would you recommend me to get my camera, if not at the IT Fair? Thanks!

There may be freebies and discounts (compared to the recommended retail price), but it might be worth your while to call some of the retailers listed in the price guides on these forums.

As an example, when my wife bought her Canon s90 earlier this year, it was being "offered" at the RRP (granted, with freebies thrown in) during the (hmmm... I can't even remember which event it was). She bought it at Paris Silk for about $100 less.

I am just excited about the Canon crumpler bag + battery for signing warranty online.
Hopefully they will have that again.

I am very excited!! Can buy more cameras and lenses at RRP with freebies like umbrellas, mini tripods and lens blowers. Good ahh!!

If You want lotsa freebies that you "paid" for, please proceed to the IT fair and join the Q and the squeeze.

If you want to save some $$$ but yet get the camera you wanted, please proceed to the neighbourhood shops recommended in this forum and save some extra bucks and your Q-ing time ;p

IT fairs are good times to grab camera equipment.

IT fairs are NOT GOOD LOCATIONS to grab camera equipment.

some of the best prices and deals seemed to be offered at the usual suspects (MS color, SLR-Rev, John .. tk ...) during those few days.

however, IT fairs are good places to grab memory cards it seems haahha

ah yesh the infamous it shows,

still fresh in my mind when two of my friends bought the same camera model, one bought it at the it fair while the other bought it at one of the reputable shops, shld see the reaction from the one that bought from the it show, thou all the freebies he can get, or PwP offers, he still overpaid by $300/-... and its the same offer of freebies or PwP at the reputable shops....

:)

You really believe all that marketing stuffs, don't you? Please do some proper comparison. For that purpose the forum has a price guide section here.

Have a look on top of the price guides.
Beside this, just search the forum for 'Sitex' or whatever funky show you are excited about. Just read... But hey, some people enjoy crowded places :eek:

Sitex is the worst of all 4 IT shows. Anyone wonder why it is still in Singapore Expo? Even the PC show shifted to Suntec to attract more crowd. Anyway, forget about buying camera there, unless u can buy the PWP items without any purchase. Only then you will get your money worth.

I once got a SB-600 for only $299 without any purchase. I later sold it at $320 after using for 6 months. Made a slight profit. However, this offer is not available anymore. The lobang got big until they stop allowing people to buy without PWP....

IT fair is a good place to molest entry level camera and lens also to some camera equipment, for buying please head to the good recomended shop adviced from this forum ;)

If you know the real street prices and have a sharp eye, you might be able to spot some good deals.

The Samsung EX1 went for $499 at the previous IT fair and it's about ~$550 at the usual shops that members here would recommend now. Of course, if you're not looking to buy the camera, the offer wouldn't mean a thing.

Last edited: