JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
Some candid shots at Sitex 2004 today:

Sitex2004-01.jpg

Sitex2004-09.jpg

Sitex2004-10.jpg

Critics and comments welcome!

You have done well in capturing natural expression. Particularly like the couples 'exploring' looks; only it's noisy! And the three kids playing (xbox?), especially the middle one's expression in contrast with the other one's. The middle one must be losing the battle right? Sending this one for competition?

Oh the Sony girl is lovely. And they sure know how to get attention to their brand name!!!

Dislike the large and noisy pics. Any reason for posting such large pics?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
seems like a typical noisy day... try not to use high iso, den make smaller size pics to remove the noise.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to find out what is the ideal size setting if I plan to print the picture in 4R / A4 size paper.

And in indoor condition like the Sitex Exhibition, will ISO100 be ok?

Please advice.

Thanks.

iso 100 is ideal, but if you do not have flash, your pictures will be dark & if the hands is not stable, the image will be blur, hence the high iso is needed, some cam can have low noise in high iso, some cameras will exhibit high noise even with iso 200-400, so depends on your camera. another point is the flash... which i am not sure which are you using... and try not to flash the boys while they are playing their game... think they will throw their controllers at you when the lose...

Hmmm... Dunno leh... I wouldn't like my face to be enlarged so huge and posted without my knowledge. Esp when some of the shots don't really look too flattering.

I'm not trying to flame you k? Just a bit uncomfortable looking at the shots. :what:

IMHO...

I like #4. Compo & story looks good. The couple checking out the cam. Kids playing Xbox? Abit too much empty space to the right. Photos are very grainy. Limited by the high ISO? I guess being candid/adhoc shots you can't tune it by much. Sorry I missed but What cam was it?

oh yah, the last shot, some old looking at young chics? ...hah haha just kidding. They are my age. They're not old.

happytikus said:
Hmmm... Dunno leh... I wouldn't like my face to be enlarged so huge and posted without my knowledge. Esp when some of the shots don't really look too flattering.

I'm not trying to flame you k? Just a bit uncomfortable looking at the shots. :what:

IMHO...

Aiyo….terribly sorry!!!!

I did not realize that due to the original size, when I posted up it can make someone’s face looks so big….

I had done the resize work of the images quickly when I woke up this morning and got those feedbacks from the thread here (no worries, I takes feedback positively, never think that it is flaming, happytikus)…

Eeerrrrr….happytikus…you are inside one of the photos? Which one har? Aiyo…if you are in there…I shall not only say sorry….but kopi on me next time liao :D

Now with the resized photos, it should looks more comfy, less noise liaoz...more comments or critics, if there is anymore..... :sweat:

nova_nebula said:
Sorry I missed but What cam was it?

Errrr......you meant my cam? I am using FZ10K

sehsuan said:
what's the idea of having the photos so large that it can't fit my screen even at 1152 x 864? :dunno:

Sehsuan: Sorry sorry....hope now with the resize, it fits into your screen liaoz....

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
iso 100 is ideal, but if you do not have flash, your pictures will be dark & if the hands is not stable, the image will be blur, hence the high iso is needed, some cam can have low noise in high iso, some cameras will exhibit high noise even with iso 200-400, so depends on your camera. another point is the flash... which i am not sure which are you using... and try not to flash the boys while they are playing their game... think they will throw their controllers at you when the lose...

I am using ISO100 without flash.

I noticed that after the resize, noise is gone...I am not sure if the noise could be caused by the star-8 filter that I put on when I took those shots though :dunno:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
seems like a typical noisy day... try not to use high iso, den make smaller size pics to remove the noise.

Took your advice to resize the photos, works. ;)

I was using ISO100, but not sure why still noisy....could it be my Hoya Star-8?? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.