Sirui tripod

Its very worth it to buy in China but not sure about the shipping though. When my friend went to China I asked him to get a Benro KB-1 ballhead for me, selling at 180sgd here but only 100sgd there. Same for Sirui, significantly cheaper than here in sg. You can check out ebay, the manufacturers sometimes put their products on there.

Ah okie, cool fact.

Sometimes made in China good not necessary cheaper for domestic market as it made be made more for overseas market...

I read somewhere that the N series has a detachable Monopod? Does that mean one of the legs can be detached to become a monopod?

I read somewhere that the N series has a detachable Monopod? Does that mean one of the legs can be detached to become a monopod?

Yes. Sirui also provide another plastic top plate for the monopod. You do not need to remove the one on your tripod to fix to the monopod.

Its very worth it to buy in China but not sure about the shipping though. When my friend went to China I asked him to get a Benro KB-1 ballhead for me, selling at 180sgd here but only 100sgd there. Same for Sirui, significantly cheaper than here in sg. You can check out ebay, the manufacturers sometimes put their products on there.

:think: Hmmm.. IIRC, price of Sirui in china is not very much different from here. And you have after sales service from local store. I'll say, get it locally.

:think: Hmmm.. IIRC, price of Sirui in china is not very much different from here. And you have after sales service from local store. I'll say, get it locally.

Hmm if the price is not much diff then you are right, local would be better. Maybe i rmbr it wrongly but Benro is a lot cheaper over in China

Okie, is there any local price list for Sirui products?

I can get my sources to get the China prices then and do a comparison

Thanx

Last edited:
Okie just to make sure I got you correctly Sir, only N series has monopod function , the TX DOES NOT have this function?

Thanx again

http://www.facebook.com/tkfoto#!/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086

Have a look, TK put down which tripod has what function and only the column of N-series tripod say it has a monopod leg.(price included) Not adverising for Benro, but they have a similar series too.

Last edited:
chiangkxv said:

Chiang is right. In fact it is more expensive to get sirui in china. Most stores, including sirui company stores, sells the tripods separate from the heads. If you factor that in, prices at tk are slightly cheaper.

Benro is slightly cheaper in china (10-20%). Manfrotto is very expensive in china. Fancier (weifeng) is dirt cheap in china. Kangrinpoche heads work out to be the same. Light stands and accessories are very very good buys in china.

You can get very good deals on benro if you buy models that are getting phased out. For sirui, they release new models in the international market first so their domestic market is always lagging, which also means you do not get that price advantage in old models as well.

Certain things you can get slightly cheaper in certain Chinese cities compared to others. So it pays to do your homework on where the stuff is made.

Benro, sirui, kangrinpoche - guangdong province area mostly in zhongsan city.
Tianya - northeast Zhejiang province in a small city called shangyu.
Weifang - ningbo, north east Zhejiang.
Nikon - Wuxi, jiangsu. iirc 35/1.8 and 50-1.8 is made there.

Last edited:
If you are a foreigner going into the local Chinese photo shops, I won't be surprised if they price they quote is much higher, but... if you know where to look, its actually a lot cheaper in China. Just go to www.taobao.com and search. There are so many shops selling it. Of course go for the more reputable shops, but you will still find that the prices quoted are cheaper.

Hi guys,

Another quick check. The difference between the TX1205 and TX2205....it mentions that TX1205 for <200mm lens and TX2205 for less than 400mm lens

Does it means that if I have a 70-300mm lens, I have to go for the TX2205 instead??

Anyone know is it cheaper to get this in HK than China?

Many thanx again

I find it quite strange also since there is no direct relation between the focal length and weight.

If you are a foreigner going into the local Chinese photo shops, I won't be surprised if they price they quote is much higher, but... if you know where to look, its actually a lot cheaper in China. Just go to www.taobao.com and search. There are so many shops selling it. Of course go for the more reputable shops, but you will still find that the prices quoted are cheaper.

You have a point there, I will try taobao

Kenneth67C said:

Lived in china for 6 years. And most people there mistake me for a local from Fujian or Zhejiang and more so I speak shanghainese as well as some Zhejiang dialects on top of our well known Singapore dialects. My last check on sirui prices was around 1.5 years back. Maybe things and prices has changed. Sirui was not widely sold back then, compared to benro. Back then the T1004+g10 was going for 880rmb in tabao as well.

Last edited:
Lived in china for 6 years. And most people there mistake me for a local from Fujian or Zhejiang and more so I speak shanghainese as well as some Zhejiang dialects on top of our well known Singapore dialects. My last check on sirui prices was around 1.5 years back. Maybe things and prices has changed. Sirui was not widely sold back then, compared to benro. Back then the T1004+g10 was going for 880rmb in tabao as well.

Bro, no offense, not questioning your Shanghaiese. I'm just updating that the market has exploded, especially with the number of rich Chinese who have a lot of spending power, so also have the number of suppliers, but not all are reliable. As usual, caveat emptor.

No worries. None taken. Bargaining is essential in china when buying retail and walk in.

Haha, I am living in Shanghai and people mistaken me for Canton province bcos of my TVB viewing days

BTW I just checked N2204 and K20x for 2261 RMB from taobao

Any comments??

And where did you get the Cam gear in China? You were based out of Shanghai?

Nong hao . I lived in shanghai but travel all around china. Whereabouts in shanghai are you? My place is close to xujiahui.

Any way best place in shanghai for cam stuff is at Xingguang (starlight) at the junction of XieTu Lu and LuBan Lu. You can get there via metro line 4 LuBan road station. Take exit 1 at the station turn left and walk along the Lu ban road (along the north south elevated highway) for a couple hundred meters and you can see starlight camera mall. Level 1 is cameras and lenses. Level 2 is accessories. Level 3 is used cameras and lenses. Level 4 is studio and lighting equipment.

For studio stuff like muslin backdrops and wedding studio stuff and services, you can find more in Suzhou where the hub for wedding products is.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Bro, no offense, not questioning your Shanghaiese. I'm just updating that the market has exploded, especially with the number of rich Chinese who have a lot of spending power, so also have the number of suppliers, but not all are reliable. As usual, caveat emptor.

Hi Kenneth,

I noticed that you are based in Shanghai

Can I check, is cam gear cheaper in HK or in Shanghai?

drsubaru said:
Hi Kenneth,

I noticed that you are based in Shanghai

Can I check, is cam gear cheaper in HK or in Shanghai?

Really depends on what gear. Some are cheaper in china some are cheaper in hk.

You should plan your purchases by looking at price guides online.

Hk www.price.com.hk
China http://detail.zol.com.cn/lens_index/subcate268_list_1.html