Sirui tripod center column wear?

NewbieInCS

Jun 11, 2009
Singapore
I think quite a few brothers here are using sirui tripods. Does anyone have any issue with the center column holder?

I have a t2204x and my center column mount on the tripod is showing a lot of wear with little use. The part I am referring to is the plastic clamp piece that locks the center column when you turn the outer knob. It has gotten so bad that the knob(or screw or cup or whatever we call the rubber cap that we turn) is now very hard to unscrew, even if I don't tighten it too much.

Not a common problem right?

I think quite a few brothers here are using sirui tripods. Does anyone have any issue with the center column holder?

I have a t2204x and my center column mount on the tripod is showing a lot of wear with little use. The part I am referring to is the plastic clamp piece that locks the center column when you turn the outer knob. It has gotten so bad that the knob(or screw or cup or whatever we call the rubber cap that we turn) is now very hard to unscrew, even if I don't tighten it too much.

Not using a sirui but have you tried applying some grease on the screw?

NewbieInCS said:

Earlier batches have some problem with that center column lock. Mine was locked till I cannot unlock it. Brought it into TK and they fixed it on the spot and replace a newer version of the plastic washers. 6 year warranty. Just bring it in.

Earlier batches have some problem with that center column lock. Mine was locked till I cannot unlock it. Brought it into TK and they fixed it on the spot and replace a newer version of the plastic washers. 6 year warranty. Just bring it in.

Thanks. Glad to know not only me. Yes there was once mine got so tight too that I couldn't unscrew. Went through a lot of trouble to get it out.

NewbieInCS said:
Thanks. Glad to know not only me. Yes there was once mine got so tight too that I couldn't unscrew. Went through a lot of trouble to get it out.

Happened to me as well. Was using sirui t-1005x and the center column got stucked. Sold it off eventually. But wasnt because of the problem but wanna upgrade. :)

I met with this issue twice. First was when i was out shooting sunrise... end up using the tripod with full centre column extended coz i cant unlock it to shorten it. Spent about 15mins knocking and turning to unlock it when i got home. 2nd time was at home taking out the tripod to wipe it.

Mine was actually bought sometime in Feb this year, should be the newer batch?

For those using the "T" series (at least), you have to be careful not to tighten the screw too much or else you will over run the thread and it will get stuck.

For those using the "T" series (at least), you have to be careful not to tighten the screw too much or else you will over run the thread and it will get stuck.

erm....I'll keep that in mind. Been using my T1004X for the past 6 months. so far so good...

Mine was actually bought sometime in Feb this year, should be the newer batch?

Well if it doesn't work, just bring back to TK. They will fix it on the spot. After they replaced the plastic stoppers, no more issues.

Well if it doesn't work, just bring back to TK. They will fix it on the spot. After they replaced the plastic stoppers, no more issues.

Yeah.. great service from them. They have replaced my tripod bushing even w/o warranty card and receipt.