Sipping Tea, demure way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
went for some street photography to test out a new toy. was by this tea house and was captivated by her femininity. with permission, I took a pic, one n only, with that man's arm in the way. think they run the place.

backlit with natural lighting. little post processing except converting to monochrome.

55151054.jpg

my only consolation was she was at ease when I took her shot.

comments welcomed

guys, don't come after me if she's ur girl. me just sharing and asking for guidance here.:p

I enjoy the general candid feel of the photo.

I do fancy that some things might have resulted in a more pleasing photo(to me).

I would have removed things like the teapot. I guess the man's arm too if that could be helped at all. I think it might have possibly contributed to your photo if part of his face was in as well, it's just a feeling though. Somehow, i think if his face could fill up the space in the upper-right corner, the image would be more balanced.

I'm on the fence with this shot. I have been staring at it for 5 mins now, so good job in getting my attention. It's rather refreshing to see a more 'real' portrait every now and then.

Stoned said:
I enjoy the general candid feel of the photo.

I do fancy that some things might have resulted in a more pleasing photo(to me).

I would have removed things like the teapot. I guess the man's arm too if that could be helped at all. I think it might have possibly contributed to your photo if part of his face was in as well, it's just a feeling though. Somehow, i think if his face could fill up the space in the upper-right corner, the image would be more balanced.

I'm on the fence with this shot. I have been staring at it for 5 mins now, so good job in getting my attention. It's rather refreshing to see a more 'real' portrait every now and then.

thk u very much for the generous comments. all taken :)

actually, i like this picture a lot..and i cant help writing something here..
there is nothing wrong at all in this picture and i like her watch and the teapot. Whats so special abt this 2 items is that it helps to complement the sunlight that passes thru the window.
And the hand in the foreground gave the picture a sense of depth, a very nice feeling i would say... dunno how to describe..[u know those kind of "so near yet so far, that kinda feeling??"]
And the best thing i like is, u manage to capture her hair details and the way the sun shines on it nicely..
and like the way she gently closes the eye and sipping the tea..

aiya...2 words.. "DAM NICE!!" :thumbsup:

kcuf2 said:
actually, i like this picture a lot..and i cant help writing something here..
there is nothing wrong at all in this picture and i like her watch and the teapot. Whats so special abt this 2 items is that it helps to complement the sunlight that passes thru the window.
And the hand in the foreground gave the picture a sense of depth, a very nice feeling i would say... dunno how to describe..[u know those kind of "so near yet so far, that kinda feeling??"]
And the best thing i like is, u manage to capture her hair details and the way the sun shines on it nicely..
and like the way she gently closes the eye and sipping the tea..

aiya...2 words.. "DAM NICE!!" :thumbsup:

thks for ur input. definitely another interesting perspective u have offered.

i have taken on a very different shooting perspective. all the while i have been shooting so called nature photography. though they can be termed as nice works, they lacked some kind of communication. glad my photo made an impression. seems like i m on the right direction here.:)

pretty.. these shot are like lifestlye shoots... the defocus man's arm give a feeling that its not staged.. can see these kind of shots in country clubs calender and sometimes annual reports... can see these kind of pics on some banks' adverts too...

pixilogy said:
pretty.. these shot are like lifestlye shoots... the defocus man's arm give a feeling that its not staged.. can see these kind of shots in country clubs calender and sometimes annual reports... can see these kind of pics on some banks' adverts too...

thks. :)

Good candid shot ;)

I suppose sometimes we cant help it like removing the guys hands or the tea pot which both are kinda distracting. But I suppose I do get the gist of the shot. Love the feel on the girl sipping her tea and pulling up her hair. Very natural!!! Especially so in B/W...heh heh

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agree, it's an outstanding shot. It's quite captivating... can't explain why; perhaps because it's not posed, it's life captured on camera. The expression is so natural. In fact the "imperfections" make the shot special (by imperfections I don't mean the photographic skills but rather the surrounding people and props are as is and not contrived). :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thks folks.

surely she's not the lady u think she is Witness

i must admit that i m very much attracted to her type here (artistic perspective hoh:p ). she has certain XXX factor that makes her stand out. it's something i can't describe.

incidentally, she reminds me of that sweet lady i met at a function some time back. On both occassions, my subjects were at ease when i took their portraits.:)

does she have a ring on her nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.