SingTel, StarHub, M1 bringing iPhone to Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting for the HTC Diamond

That's interesting. Because historically, Asian telcos are quite resistant to Apple's bullish iPhone business model.

To those that are unaware, Apple feels the iPhone is a revenue magnet for operators, and therefore, demand a percentage of subscriber monthly recurring revenue of each iPhone sales.

From what I read, I reckon the red umbrella must be *pretty* desperate (or kiasu ahead of the mobile number portability) to swallow its pride and bow down to Apple's revenue share model.

On hindsight, I'm not that surprised on their move. After all, they were the first to drop their pants during the XEDO name list pressure.

Oh well... :sweatsm:

haha.. well, it was an old news but Singtel has just *officially* announced it today, as in, 12th May 2008 :p

anyhow, have to agree that iPhone isnt the best choice you can get out there... still lots more improvement space, as what Steve Jobs planned ;)

That's interesting. Because historically, Asian telcos are quite resistant to Apple's bullish iPhone business model.

To those that are unaware, Apple feels the iPhone is a revenue magnet for operators, and therefore, demand a percentage of subscriber monthly recurring revenue of each iPhone sales.

From what I read, I reckon the red umbrella must be *pretty* desperate (or kiasu ahead of the mobile number portability) to swallow its pride and bow down to Apple's revenue share model.

On hindsight, I'm not that surprised on their move. After all, they were the first to drop their pants during the XEDO name list pressure.

Oh well... :sweatsm:

What I've read lately is that Apple may not be asking for revenue sharing or may have discounted their take immensely. At least, that was the impression that the Italian groups were giving, as well as the French and Germans who are already selling the phones.

Apple can't seem to change their deal in the U.S.A. but things elsewhere will probably be more flexible, except maybe for China.

What I've read lately is that Apple may not be asking for revenue sharing or may have discounted their take immensely. At least, that was the impression that the Italian groups were giving, as well as the French and Germans who are already selling the phones.

Apple can't seem to change their deal in the U.S.A. but things elsewhere will probably be more flexible, except maybe for China.

I can't comment on the rest, but for China, iPhone will not work for the simple truth of the matter: Apple needs China, far more than China needs Apple. China can easily come up with i-Phoney for instance, and there's not a thing Apple can do about.

This is why it's still a stalemate for China. For the rest of the world, Apple can still afford to play the upperhand. And especially for a small market like Singapore, who has traditionally been "highly accommodating" to invite well-known brands, I'm quite doubtful Apple would have made much of a concession. They have far more better things to do than waste time on a market of 4 million. Sorry to be blunt.

btw read some article online, saying poison iphone.... not sure how truth is it... BUT... I will still go for the phone when it is release

I can't comment on the rest, but for China, iPhone will not work for the simple truth of the matter: Apple needs China, far more than China needs Apple. China can easily come up with i-Phoney for instance, and there's not a thing Apple can do about.

This is why it's still a stalemate for China. For the rest of the world, Apple can still afford to play the upperhand. And especially for a small market like Singapore, who has traditionally been "highly accommodating" to invite well-known brands, I'm quite doubtful Apple would have made much of a concession. They have far more better things to do than waste time on a market of 4 million. Sorry to be blunt.

Well, I think Apple are going to do whatever they can to stop the flow of phones meant for one country going into another country. There is apparently a big business in buying a phone, unlocking it, and selling it to someone in another country, even though it doesn't work to 100 % of its functionality.

Research in Motion just introduced "Bold" to counter iPhone with 3G data access but I think such a phone will only work for businesses that already have them. There is a huge difference in the way iPhone works and the rest.

i-Phone not sms friendly. Makes you sms slow.

Maybe slower than a tactile qwerty keyboard, but hey, it's faster than your Nokia N95! just touch over the letter you want to type, not press the same spot 3x for the letter 'c', for example.

Have you ever tried an iPod touch? I have, so that makes me a more reliable source, doesn't it?;p

Finally, iPhone will be officially sold in Singapore, soon!

Hope it will be 3G version, otherwise really a disappointment out of the good news!! :nono:

Read from http://blog.adorr.net/blog/news/38

Cheers!

i thought Singtel is the only operator who own the license to sell iphone????? :dunno:

cool, was going to get from the states but looks like i'll wait for it to come to sg since there's warranty...

Well, the one coming out with Singtel will not be 3G model. Starhub and M1 is in talks with Apple about releasing it as well... M1 did mention that they are more interested in the 3G model.... So got to wait.... Not getting this version of iPhone. No pt, and the size of the storage space to me is still too small...

Screenshot of my Iphone

2494074013_75ce31f3ea.jpg

The Cam category icon contains some photo editing utilities

Office categories does NOT contain MS Office but some utils.

Even Apple's own store is showing that iPhone is out of stock so the 3G version is coming, regardless.

My niece coming back from States this Sunday cannot get me a iPhone, cos Apple has a Great Promotion Sale & the 2 version of iPhone are out of stock.

Screenshot of my Iphone

2494074013_75ce31f3ea.jpg

The Cam category icon contains some photo editing utilities

Office categories does NOT contain MS Office but some utils.

:bigeyes: there is a DSLR icon there.

Can fix L lens on Iphone or not ???? :think: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.