Singtel problem?

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
In raffles place area, since morning my network is slower than usual, rebooted phone 2 times now better.

My colleague next to me received sms welcome to Indonesia by telcomsat....lol...

at first I was disappointed that the data plan is down to 2GB only... but now I don't feel that it makes any difference, because no matter how hard I try to cap the 2GB, I can't.

my patience just ain't strong enough to withstand the unbeatable slow network.

at first I was disappointed that the data plan is down to 2GB only... but now I don't feel that it makes any difference, because no matter how hard I try to cap the 2GB, I can't.

my patience just ain't strong enough to withstand the unbeatable slow network.

I thought so too but if I you tube daily, sure exceed....

Problem is the data network is so slow nowadays.
Really frustrating.

Problem is the data network is so slow nowadays.
Really frustrating.

Everyone and their grandmother has smartphone... but the infrastructure is only good for 2G and partial 3g/4g. Our cell site density here is pathetic compared to japan

Rashkae said:
Everyone and their grandmother has smartphone... but the infrastructure is only good for 2G and partial 3g/4g. Our cell site density here is pathetic compared to japan

And Hong Kong. And the major cities in the USA and Australia.

And Hong Kong. And the major cities in the USA and Australia.

Yup. Only once cell sites are deemed as part of national infrastructure can the telcos put up more without all the constant permit seeking and rent paying

4G is fast but when it dropped to 3G, my phone can only be used to make calls. 3G is slower on a 4G phone than on a 3G phone, its almost useless.

Nope... dunno which phone you are using, but 3g on my 4g phones (I have 2) is just as fast as my older 3g phones

Yup. Only once cell sites are deemed as part of national infrastructure can the telcos put up more without all the constant permit seeking and rent paying
Not forgetting the shareholder who put profit before customer service and service quality.

Not forgetting the shareholder who put profit before customer service and service quality.

must find which company has worst service - most likely have the highest net margins :D can invest right?

The other day when I read the news about M1 customer losing 3G network in one morning, I was thinking "what's the big deal, I, a Singtel customer, don't get 3G most morning and afternoon.

In my 2 year usage, cellular sent 1.3GB, received 11.3 GB. If you want to cap 2GB a month with this kind of speed, you can quit your day job.
And did someone mention youtube? Well, you can start loading a youtube video when you leave the office, it may start playing once you reach home.

The new 3G moto from Singtel is , "Work everywhere, anytime but please within Wifi range". At least they promised that they'll double the bandwidth end of this year, from very very slow to 2x of very very slow.

I'm switching to M1, but it's like switching from one lemon to another.

Imagine telco implementing ERP in their pipeline during busy hours . Pay more during tha period of time just like ERP on our expressway. Implementing COE on 3G/4g data usage . Maybe it will improve just like our transport system . Hehe

I read on the news somewhere that Singtel was thinking of offering premium plan with higher subscription and some guarantee of connection speed.
It's kind of ERP isn't it.

Nah that is Lexus and toyota

Certain high-priced plans do seem to get higher connectivity priority and speed. (anecdotal evidence)
I wonder if that is possible?

must find which company has worst service - most likely have the highest net margins :D can invest right?

all telcos prices are sky high now...singtel only has a small correction recently so far haven't seen much correction with m1 and starhub :(

all telcos prices are sky high now...singtel only has a small correction recently so far haven't seen much correction with m1 and starhub :(

Singtel price is hard to move though. very steady.

it is the #1 weighted index stock of STI and also among the highest volume for index counter.

But I don't like Stinktel.