"singtel menu is ready for use"

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
guys,

i have tried googling but no one seems to be answering the people asking that question.

there is a sony ericsson phone with a hello! sim card. every few seconds this stupid thing that says "singtel menu is ready for use" pops up.

i have no idea how to turn it off, and it's really irritating. anyone knows how? :eek:

Call Singtel and give them a piece of your mind.
Nothing to do with the phone, it's the service provider.

guys,

i have tried googling but no one seems to be answering the people asking that question.

there is a sony ericsson phone with a hello! sim card. every few seconds this stupid thing that says "singtel menu is ready for use" pops up.

i have no idea how to turn it off, and it's really irritating. anyone knows how? :eek:

Switch to M1 or starhub

i think it's from the SIM card. btw, is it a 3G SIM card? probably singtel added their own menus in the SIM card. but i thought the pop-up is one time only? :dunno:

Definitely cos they are the ones sending the pop ups.

i am wondering.. because it seems like an automated thing.

the thing is, it lights up the phone screen.. naturally battery will drain, etc.

plus i think when smsing it will pop up.....

Switch to M1 or starhub

oh, i'm using m1 myself.... :bsmilie: mainly because it's very easy to top up via internet when overseas.

just asking for someone else, since i've seen the problem and know how to describe it.

i think it's from the SIM card. btw, is it a 3G SIM card? probably singtel added their own menus in the SIM card. but i thought the pop-up is one time only? :dunno:

yes, it is probably a 3g sim card, based on searches i've done regarding this issue.

no leh.. it keeps popping up.

even on a nokia 1661 and an older sony ericsson phone. but now with current model being used with that sim card (SE w302) apparently the frequency is a lot more.

anyways, i have emailed singtel regarding the issue, will let you guys know if i get any update.

my mum is also having constant update pop-ups on her sony phone as well...

its from the sim card
im using a pocket pc phone and on my singtel startup services,there's this service stk something iirc
i had to disable that to prevent the singtel startup menu from coming up
best is to ask singtel how to disable it imho

here's the reply i got.

Thank you for your email.

I would suggest that you bring your Sony Ericsson model to the Sony Ericsson service centre for an analysis check. They would be in a much better position to further advise you. You may contact them at this number: +65 6744 0733

At SingTel Mobile, we are committed to be of service to you. For further enquiries or feedback, do call our mobile hotline at 1626 or +65 67380123 from overseas (IDD is payable). You may also email us at http://welcome.singtel.com/customer_service/cust_serv_emailus.asp.

We look forward to serving you.

Thank you

Yours sincerely
XXX XXX XXX
Customer Care-Mobile General Enquires
Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte Ltd
Company registration number: 199406031E

quite a nonsense reply just trying to taichi it to another company, i shot an email back pointing out that the menu says SINGTEL and not SE.. :dunno:

work pride these days.....

don't u just love this kind of FOS reply??? they stop short of telling you : we also don't know what the hell is going on and we are going home..pls call ericsson and stop bugging us...we only sell phone and we don't care what happen to the damn phone...

a lot of times i solve my prob by goggling rather then calling them..they even have the chick to sometimes tell me they don't know how to use the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.