Singtel kena English land mine

What is their tagline?

"Let's make everyday better"

It should be:

"Let's make every day better"

"Everyday" (one word, no space) is an adjective.

Alternatively, it can be:

"Let's make the everyday better" (suggested by a friend who is more powderful in English)

Last edited:
Sometime I wonder why we fuss over such tag line. Would that misled you to misunderstand the meaning? Perfect english is not even spoken in their native land. Basic simple English would suffice.

It is not fussing.
Not paying attention to details such as this would reflect badly on their other operations.
It is an attitude problem.
The same attitude might be adopted for their other critical operations.

Sometime I wonder why we fuss over such tag line. Would that misled you to misunderstand the meaning? Perfect english is not even spoken in their native land. Basic simple English would suffice.

Who is the "their" that you are referring to?

Here's one suggestion if they are rebranding their rebranded logo...

singtel-coins-logo.jpg

Here's one suggestion if they are rebranding their rebranded logo...

singtel-coins-logo.jpg

:bsmilie:

Anyway yeah grammar rules are very strict in copy writing (and adv in general)

It is not fussing.
Not paying attention to details such as this would reflect badly on their other operations.
It is an attitude problem.
The same attitude might be adopted for their other critical operations.

While we should discourage, there is no need to over emphases. English will not be the main language use soon. What happen to those countries with poor grasp of other international languages?

Today, mos international 5-star hotel public announcements are in at least 3 languages.

"Let's make everyday better"

It should be:

"Let's make every day better"

"Everyday" (one word, no space) is an adjective.

Alternatively, it can be:

"Let's make the everyday better" (suggested by a friend who is more powderful in English)

I think it should be "Let make every one good day best." :)

[video=youtube;eHCquwkR0kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCquwkR0kU[/video]

I am referring native English speaking country, such as United Kingdom and USA.

Perfect English IS spoken and written in at least the UK as far as copywriters go. And copywriters were the ones who came up with that tagline. Whether this was a case of a client overriding the agency or the copywriter in the agency being a little less knowledgeable about the basics of the English language is another matter. Fact is, IF you have an English tagline then it's important to ensure your grammar is spot on. Ditto any other language your tagline is in. I am pretty sure the cost of this rebranding exercise isn't cheap.

Last edited:
Perfect English IS spoken and written in at least the UK as far as copywriters go. And copywriters were the ones who came up with that tagline. Whether this was a case of a client overriding the agency or the copywriter in the agency being a little less knowledgeable about the basics of the English language is another matter. Fact is, IF you have an English tagline then it's important to ensure your grammar is spot on. Ditto any other language your tagline is in. I am pretty sure the cost of this rebranding exercise isn't cheap.

Of course copy writers are expected to meet certain sta dard even outside UK. I am referring to ordinary citizen or even those living in UK. How much of the grammer do bother.

I don't think it is necessary to rebrand since most wouldn't worry about it.

Of course copy writers are expected to meet certain sta dard even outside UK. I am referring to ordinary citizen or even those living in UK. How much of the grammer do bother. I don't think it is necessary to rebrand since most wouldn't worry about it.

I won't go around making sweeping statements like that. But yea ok, if you insist.

Of course copy writers are expected to meet certain sta dard even outside UK. I am referring to ordinary citizen or even those living in UK. How much of the grammer do bother.

Yes lor. It's ok lah because it's Singlish.

Even Ang Moh don't mind because it's from Singapore.

:bsmilie:

A business is a multifaceted entity. When you present a "front" there are more then just about being good to the public customer base level alone, but there are other 'fronts' that is just as important to ensure confidence on many other levels like corporate perception, the mission core, your place in the business world, comparison to your peers, global stage, political correctness.etc.

If you want to go into business on a grand scale and you think something as base as a typo... on a TAGLINE no doubt does not matter. What kind of signal are you sending out beyond just the lower level consumers?

Last edited: