singtel issues: advise needed

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
hi everyone, last night, i advertised in B & S... after a while, around 10pm, i recieved an sms from my cousin (from overseas)...

strangely, there is another message merged with it... it's from a buyer who is "willing to buy" my merchandise, thing is, it's only under one sender name (which is my cousin)...

i replied to the messages and my cousin recieved both! the buyer wanted to meet up today, but i cannot reply to him because i don't have his number. this morning, i called singtel, and the customer service officer told me that they cannot retrieve the sender's number and keep insisting that it is under a private number that's why there is no sender number...

i would understand it if 1) it is a separate message and 2) if it states there that it is a "private number" or something like that. i clearly lost my sale because of this! any advise how i can get back to singtel for this? they (CS officer) simply sounded like they are not willing to help. i know it's just a small amount (about $500) but am just a regular joe, and i don't earn this amount in a day...

it means something to me, i actually am selling this particular lens because i need the money to pay for something else (non photography related). am really irittated with how they treat a customers' issue... advise please. thanks! and to add... i still haave the merged message in my handphone, and the buyer clearly stated there that he "wants to buy" my lens...

Last edited:
hi everyone, last night, i advertised in B & S... after a while, around 10pm, i recieved an sms from my cousin (from overseas)... strangely, there is another message merged with it... it's from a buyer who is "willing to buy" my merchandise, thing is, it's only under one sender name (which is my cousin)... i replied to the messages and my cousin recieved both! the buyer wanted to meet up today, but i cannot reply to him because i don't have his number. this morning, i called singtel, and the customer service officer told me that they cannot retrieve the sender's number and keep insisting that it is under a private number that's why there is no sender number... i would understand it if 1) it is a separate message and 2) if it states there that it is a "private number" or something like that. i clearly lost my sale because of this! any advise how i can get back to singtel for this? they (CS officer) simply sounded like they are not willing to help. i know it's just a small amount (about $500) but am just a regular joe, and i don't earn this amount in a day... it means something to me, i actually am selling this particular lens because i need the money to pay for something else (non photography related). am really irittated with how they treat a customers' issue... advise please. thanks! and to add... i still haave the merged message in my handphone, and the buyer clearly stated there that he "wants to buy" my lens...
ONE BIG LUMP of text, how you expect people to read make sense out of it?

ONE BIG LUMP of text, how you expect people to read make sense out of it?

am trying to lay out the entirety of what happened, so to say, the details... am sorry if it's too long. any ways, do you have any advise to give? thanks!

Explain ur situation on ur B&S thread to inform buyer to send u confirmation again..:)

Hi TS,

1) Caller ID Non-Display only applies to voice calls. It doesn't work on SMS.

2) SMSes sent via internet - If the sender doesn't identify himself in the message,
you will not be able to identify him either. Most probably, you will only see a shortcode
which is 4 / 5 digit nos..

Cheers:)

Hi TS,

1) Caller ID Non-Display only applies to voice calls. It doesn't work on SMS.

2) SMSes sent via internet - If the sender doesn't identify himself in the message,
you will not be able to identify him either. Most probably, you will only see a shortcode
which is 4 / 5 digit nos..

Cheers:)

bro, i recieved a "merged" sms... meaning 2 supposedly different sms coming from two different people but only under 1 number... which in this case is my cousin's... singtel Customer service claims it can never happen... but it did... i had the sms in my phone to probe it.

used ur reply to both method, ask for buyer hp number=)

bro, i recieved a "merged" sms... meaning 2 supposedly different sms coming from two different people but only under 1 number... which in this case is my cousin's... singtel Customer service claims it can never happen... but it did... i had the sms in my phone to probe it.
Am not sure what phone you have, but on my cheapo Samsung phone I bought at 7-11 when I try to delete an SMS and exactly at the same time a new SMS comes in, BOTH are deleted!

Its maybe possible that with your phone, when 2 SMS are coming in at exactly the same time, it is merged into one? And only 1 number is shown???

It was a bit annoying cause it happened to me a few times on that phone....am using another phone now, and I am on Singtel

HS

If you know how SMS works in GSM, you will know it can't happen. Is your phone issue.

If you know how SMS works in GSM, you will know it can't happen. Is your phone issue.

bro, am using my motorolla E8 for almost a year and this is the first time it happened... i regularly receive 2 text messages at the same time especially from my customers...

hi everyone, last night, i advertised in B & S... after a while, around 10pm, i recieved an sms from my cousin (from overseas)...

strangely, there is another message merged with it... it's from a buyer who is "willing to buy" my merchandise, thing is, it's only under one sender name (which is my cousin)...

i replied to the messages and my cousin recieved both! the buyer wanted to meet up today, but i cannot reply to him because i don't have his number. this morning, i called singtel, and the customer service officer told me that they cannot retrieve the sender's number and keep insisting that it is under a private number that's why there is no sender number...

i would understand it if 1) it is a separate message and 2) if it states there that it is a "private number" or something like that. i clearly lost my sale because of this! any advise how i can get back to singtel for this? they (CS officer) simply sounded like they are not willing to help. i know it's just a small amount (about $500) but am just a regular joe, and i don't earn this amount in a day...

it means something to me, i actually am selling this particular lens because i need the money to pay for something else (non photography related). am really irittated with how they treat a customers' issue... advise please. thanks! and to add... i still haave the merged message in my handphone, and the buyer clearly stated there that he "wants to buy" my lens...

happened to me quite few times, not only that some msg merge,
sometimes when I call some other people's conversation merged also.. :dunno:

IMHO, this seems quite impossible. I suspect this is more of a software issue(phone) rather than network(ST) problem. U might want to consider a software update for your phone.

Cheers. :)

we are paying our monthly dues to these telcos, and i believe they should do something about this... complain?:dunno:

we are paying our monthly dues to these telcos, and i believe they should do something about this... complain?:dunno:
Before doing that you better check if it is not your phone problem......else they will have a super high class action against you :bsmilie::bsmilie:

on singtel for so many years, never happened to me.. used so many phones also, ppc, palm, sony, nokia, iphone.. never face this as well. suspect its your phone issue..