SINGphotographer's View: Pets Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
To all Photographers:

I am trying to gather some photographers to work on a coffee table book on Singapore's growing amount of cases on Pet's Abuse.

I have cathergorise it to 4 sections (As what i propose to SPCA):

1. Street photography
2. Black and white
3. Studio images
4. DI images

If we manage to create that, we can submit to SPCA, and let them decide whether to ask for sponsors again for printing.

But, if SPCA got no intention to print, we just treat it as a interaction between photographers. All images copy rights will belongs to photographers. If photos was used by SPCA, all credits will be given. (meaning names on photos)

I have some ideals already, i will focus on studio images, and i intent to show the ugly sides of human beings.

Angelzhou have volunteer to be the graphic designer for this. Time frame will be 6 months to complete.

All photgraphers who participates on this: Create your own version on pet's abuse, it's your views. Creativity plays. Please don't put text on pics, let your images speaks fot itself.

No promises on your works been show case, lets treat it as a interaction first.

You can submit alot of images, but please submit minimum 3 pics.

Anything please don't pm me, just post here, i very transparent.

Regards

1. Street photography

2. Black and white

3. Studio images
a. Smurfman (on human ugly side)

4. DI images

Graphic by Angelzhou.

I admit ! ! ! I've been pimping my dog to do nude photos. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hee hee... Upz for anti animal abuse ! ! ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

15469DSC01211.jpg

I got to hand it to you for your heart is in the right place as I am an animal lover myself but a Book on Animal Abuse as a coffee book?

Isn't that rather morbid and a rather disturbing book? Granted it will hit home about abuse but I would not like to have a book with pages upon pages of abuse anumal that will break my heart to look through. Just my view...

sammy888 said:
I got to hand it to you for your heart is in the right place as I am an animal lover myself but a Book on Animal Abuse as a coffee book?

Isn't that rather morbid and a rather disturbing book? Granted it will hit home about abuse but I would not like to have a book with pages upon pages of abuse anumal that will break my heart to look through. Just my view...
Maybe its an artistic interpretation but drives home the message but not graphical in ur sense?

I know what u're thinking... Shocking images of burns, abuses and stuff liddat. I think smurfman's intention is not to capture all these (since its quite cruel for the animals as well), but perhaps capture the animals suffering on another level... We're looking prolly not only physical abuse, but the emotional, mental and spiritual abuse of the animals as well.

I'd love to partake since I got a few compositions in my mind, but... I DON'T HAVE A DOG to start with! :(
If someone can help me out with the animal aspect, I don't mind helping out since me like doggies too.

BTW, pardon me for asking but what is DI Images? :confused:

I really appreciate what smurfman is doing. I'm a animal lover myself but I feel that the idea (by smurfman) would fit better as a pro bono Ad for SPCA. I'll be more than happy to help out.

sorry to ask some questions.
What are we suppose to contribute? photographic works only?
Is drawing and illustrations allowed? (which fall under DI image i suppose?)
Just send in the works to you?

Hi all, the images you can create your own way, we as photographers got images we want, we think it fits. When ppl ask me to shoot products, sometimes i think, why not shoot it this way, why must follow clients ideals, sometimes the ideals by clients sucks.

Just follow what you think it fits, just do it.

DI is digital imaging, creating images using computers, last time this is the terms i learn.

I suppose drawing and illustrations also fits in. You can do it your style.

Everyone visual on pets abuse are different, a book of different photographers views are good, it will also let us see each other perspective on this. We may shoot the same theme, but images will be different, thats why i think is good.

After shoot, you can just email small file to me with letters on centre, i don't know what to call that, or can just keep it first.

Can kick start with 5 photographers on each catagories.:)

When need to return something to society, why not now? It may, it may not, but i believe try harder, you stand a chance to showcase what you believe in to the public.

Uphill task, but doesn't mean cannot climb.:)

My best ang mo liao.

Regards

Just a suggestion...

u may want to contact the main photographer of cat welfare's Real Singapore Cat Book - Azure. Inside the book are some photographs of cat abuse cases, and I believe it's just the tip of the iceberg. He has a lot more photographs of abuse cases in his collection, hence he may actually be able to help to kickstart the project. His experience in this field of shooting and publishing a coffee table book on animals will help a lot as well.

I don't think he comes to CS often, and less so into kopitiam. U may want to contact him directly via email at barnie@photonx.net

roninwolf said:
Just a suggestion...

u may want to contact the main photographer of cat welfare's Real Singapore Cat Book - Azure. Inside the book are some photographs of cat abuse cases, and I believe it's just the tip of the iceberg. He has a lot more photographs of abuse cases in his collection, hence he may actually be able to help to kickstart the project. His experience in this field of shooting and publishing a coffee table book on animals will help a lot as well.

I don't think he comes to CS often, and less so into kopitiam. U may want to contact him directly via email at barnie@photonx.net

Thk you will do so.

no one intersted?:cry:

I got a feeling that by showcasing cases of animal abuse might not be a very good idea. It some how might re-enforce the idea of abuse in some people in a negtive way. :dunno:

i still dun quite understand wat u mean when u said studio images? wat kind of images? impact are u looking at.... images of ppl abusing animals? or animals aready abused?

cheers..

what photos u need? animals that are injured?

smurfman said:
no one intersted?:cry:
I'm ok with it (since I'd never dealt with animals in a controlled environment but love them) since I'm free these 2 months before I get busy again, maybe can meet for kopi and tell us ur plan?

I'm not sure... But den I do hope that the few compositions I have in mind is useful.

What i have in mind is each individual photographers should capture what they feel of animal abuse. Each individual interpretion of pets abuse are different, compositions are different.

You can show ppl feeding pets with junks foods, you can show afew cats diging the rubbish dump, you can show watever you feel can send the images acrosses.:)

i'm not too sure about this...but by showing animal abuse in action? are we guilty of doing the same? are we condemning it? or rather "promoting" it this way....

this is not gonna be easy, the line is gonna be darn fine..... one minor mistake and it will have an adverse effect.....

i'm game..... dec's my free month for shoots....

wat about meeting up?

1. Street photography
a. bumortic

2. Black and white

3. Studio images
a. Smurfman (on human ugly side)
b. witness

4. DI images
Graphic by Angelzhou

Status
Not open for further replies.