SingNet upgrade exisiting 256k users to 512k free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Received this email from SingNet, not bad. ;p

We are pleased to inform you that the download speed of your SingNet BroadBand 256kbps Plan has been upgraded to 512kbps, absolutely FREE.

With this upgrade, you can now enjoy an enhanced broadband Internet experience as you download your favourite music or video files, play online games or perform other bandwidth-intensive Internet activities with greater ease and efficiency.

whoelse said:

We are pleased to inform you that the download speed of your SingNet BroadBand 256kbps Plan has been upgraded to 512kbps, absolutely FREE.

With this upgrade, you can now enjoy an enhanced broadband Internet experience as you download your favourite music or video files, play online games or perform other bandwidth-intensive Internet activities with greater ease and efficiency.

256kbps increase only. ;)

Starhub upgrade their 1500kbps to 3000kbps. :)

Anyway, I've a disgruntled SNBB user. ;)

whoelse said:

does this mean it's upgraded automatically? u dun have to do a thing?

AJ23 said:
256kbps increase only. ;)

Starhub upgrade their 1500kbps to 3000kbps. :)

Anyway, I've a disgruntled SNBB user. ;)

but starhub is more expensive (S$60 at least?)

bcos price is more impt than speed to me. hee hee. i dun mind 256K or lower as i only surf net and email, i never download things one. :embrass:

Wai said:
haha...wonder how will existing 512K subscribers who are tied down with contract will feel....
This is NOT fair :angry: ....Think am gonna switch to other side.

Wai said:
haha...wonder how will existing 512K subscribers who are tied down with contract will feel....

feel like shite lor....just like me....anyway, i'm going to terminate my
512K subscription soon as my contract has expired last mth....

cookiez said:
feel like shite lor....just like me....anyway, i'm going to terminate my
512K subscription soon as my contract has expired last mth....

they never call u to ask u renew your contract?

u are paying discounted subscription ONLY during contract period, once contract is over, they will revert to the original price. eg. i am paying $58/mth now, once contract is over and u never renew, u will have to pay $65/mth.

my friend actually paid 512K price for 256K speed for half a year because he never know that he got to paid the normal rate after the contract ends. so u got to sign another year of contract just to enjoy the "discounted" price, and no freebies too.

when he called up the ISP to ask, the CSO offered him discount price if he renew his contract, however the discounted price is actually higher than what new customers are paying, and you wont get any freebies too, so much for being loyal customer....

that's why when i terminate, i clearly stated that it must terminate on the day when my contract ends, and i will not pay if they forgot to terminate or delayed because i already informed them 1 mth in advance.

i also make the CSO to acknowledge this just in case they say they never got my termination request.

Like that hor .. are they doing anything to upgrade exciting 512k to ... errr 1500k ??? :think:

paying about 80-90 bucks per month for the Pacnet 512... & hell no did they even answer my simple query about upgrading to Pacnet 1500, i tried to email them at least 5 times already... nothing... after 10 long years (about there rite...) of being their loyal customer...

switching to MOL6500... but dun like their bundle... the camera & printer... no use to me... hope they have something like a PSP bundle... i sure grab...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
paying about 80-90 bucks per month for the Pacnet 512... & hell no did they even answer my simple query about upgrading to Pacnet 1500, i tried to email them at least 5 times already... nothing... after 10 long years (about there rite...) of being their loyal customer...

switching to MOL6500... but dun like their bundle... the camera & printer... no use to me... hope they have something like a PSP bundle... i sure grab...

u missed the x-box offer last year?

whoelse said:

Is this true? I'm a Singnet 256kbps user and I have not received such an email. :think:

Wait till you are a Pacnet user than you know.
In order to tie you down and they know better things are coming at cheaper price. You know what, they sent me a renewal plan 4 mths ahead of time !!.
There is no such thing as free upgrade somemore.
Wonder how those feel when they renew their plan early, for about $10 diff without any free gift compared to Starhub 6500 you get 512k !!.

Wai said:
they never call u to ask u renew your contract?

u are paying discounted subscription ONLY during contract period, once contract is over, they will revert to the original price. eg. i am paying $58/mth now, once contract is over and u never renew, u will have to pay $65/mth.

I'm actually paying the normal price after 6 mths....mine is a contract
of 18 mths....the first 6 mths, I got to pay on promo price ie. 50% of
$75, then subsequent 12 mths, I paid the normal price at $75. I really
find it very expensive but I can't cancel coz I'm tied down by the contract.

Now since my contract expired liao, so just now I gave Singnet a call to
terminate my 512K subscription. The CSO counter offer me another year of
contract at $47 per mth and free for the 1st 2 mths.

What do u guys think about this offer ? Shld I take or give it up ?

Wai said:

Yeh, but they didn't give the wireless G router together with the free upgrade. I'm stuck with this current 11mbps network for sometime. And guess what, I signed up this plan 2 weeks before they announce the new promotions. Damn, I should have waited for a while more... :cry:

Dennis said:
Wait till you are a Pacnet user than you know.
In order to tie you down and they know better things are coming at cheaper price. You know what, they sent me a renewal plan 4 mths ahead of time !!.
There is no such thing as free upgrade somemore.
Wonder how those feel when they renew their plan early, for about $10 diff without any free gift compared to Starhub 6500 you get 512k !!.

totally agree with you... even their plan for business broadband is the same.. hence now thinking... since MOL6500 have quite a high upload speed (384kbps compared to pacnet's 512 with 256kbps upload) there is no turning back... and when everybody have a higher speed download, pacnet is always stuck with 1 speed lower & packed with a higher price...

CYRN said:
u missed the x-box offer last year?

got my UC xbox long long time ago... no point for me to get another xbox... besides... that time my contract with pacnet isn't over yet... stupidly sign on another year with them with no freebies...

Status
Not open for further replies.